Daisy, Clay, Whittaker, & ???

Hello everyone. I’ve been posting on here about my son’s/daughter’s name, and then I realized that I should ask for some help on another addition to our family.

DH and I are both vegans, and we have adopted over the past six years three cows from animal production named [name]Daisy[/name] (girl), [name]Clay[/name] (boy), and [name]Whittaker[/name] (boy). About next week, we will be adopting our fourth cow! With the details of getting him here, thinking about my son/daughter’s name and my son/daughter’s birth coming up / closing in very quickly, I haven’t really had time to think about what to name him. He’s a beautiful red and will probably grow to be very very big.

The people at the shelter we’re getting him from have just been calling him [name]Baby[/name] [name]Red[/name], so I was thinking of just using [name]Red[/name], but I don’t love it. Maybe [name]Rowan[/name]? Any thoughts?

Thank you! Its just been so hectic with the pregnancy and adoption happening both at the same time…

~ [name]Olympia[/name]

[name]Augustus[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] cute, [name]Olympia[/name]! :slight_smile:

What about more names that mean red, along the lines of your great [name]Rowan[/name] idea?

Some that I think work well with your names are:

[name]Radcliff[/name]
[name]Radley[/name] (reminds me of the gentle and sweet Boo [name]Radley[/name] from “To Kill a Mockingbird”)
[name]Redmond[/name]

If you don’t want to stick with red names, there’s:

[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Paxton[/name] (means “peace,” and he’s a peaceful cow…)
[name]Roscoe[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]

[name]Just[/name] be sure to stay away from names that sound like names you love for your baby (and future babies)!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Phoenix[/name] (“dark red”)
[name]Sorrel[/name] (“reddish brown”)
Admon (“red”)
Altan (“red dawn”)
[name]Adam[/name] (“from the red earth”)
[name]Arun[/name] (“reddish brown”)
[name]Bayard[/name] (“with red-brown hair”)
[name]Colorado[/name] (“red-colored”)
Edom (“red”)
Flan (“red”)
[name]Ormond[/name] (“red”)
[name]Reid[/name] (“red headed”)
[name]Rory[/name] (“red king”)
[name]Rousseau[/name] (“red haired”)
[name]Roy[/name] (“red”)
[name]Rufus[/name] (“red haired”)
[name]Rusty[/name] (“red”)
[name]Russell[/name] (“little red”)
[name]Roan[/name] (“little redhead”)
[name]Auburn[/name] (itself)
[name]Vachel[/name] (“little cow”)

Big [name]Red[/name]
[name]Brando[/name]
[name]Bubba[/name]
[name]Bunyan[/name]
[name]Buster[/name] - love
[name]Freddy[/name]
[name]Hiram[/name]
[name]Jethro[/name]
Omaha nn Omzie
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Rusty[/name]
Sundown
[name]Tex[/name] - love
[name]Tiger[/name] - fun
[name]Vern[/name]
[name]Viggo[/name]

[name]How[/name] lovely! Cows are such nice creatures …

I adore the suggestion of [name]Ormond[/name], and [name]Jill[/name]'s of [name]Radley[/name] (because of the Boo [name]Radley[/name] association).

Wow, thank you for all the suggestions!

[name]Jill[/name] - “[name]Just[/name] be sure to stay away from names that sound like names you love for your baby (and future babies)!” This has been one of my big problems! Since I’ve been thinking so much about my baby’s name, any time I tried to think of something for [name]Baby[/name] [name]Red[/name], the only names that would come to mind were ones I liked for a human baby. That’s why these suggestions are so helpful!

So far I like:

[name]Radley[/name] (absolutely love the Boo [name]Radley[/name] connection)
[name]Paxton[/name]
[name]Ormond[/name]
[name]Russell[/name]
[name]Roan[/name] / [name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Arun[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Tex[/name]

I might use Big [name]Red[/name] as just a nickname, something along the lines of, “Hey my Big [name]Red[/name]. [name]How[/name]'re you doing, [insert name here].”

Its funny you should suggest [name]Bubba[/name], [name]Susan[/name], because [name]Bubba[/name] is actually my nickname for any male creature in my house (besides DH). I call both my male cows [name]Bubba[/name] and my dog, [name]Santos[/name], [name]Bubba[/name] on occasion.

Thanks again!

~ [name]Olympia[/name]

Big [name]Red[/name]

Congratulations on your new baby cow, hehe! I love [name]Radley[/name] suggestions that would be cute or heres few more
[name]Redford[/name] ([name]Red[/name])
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Russel[/name]

Rhubarb