Daisy, Ivy and Blossom.

I love nature/flower names for girls, and will likely use one in the middle for all of my girls combos.

I always found [name]Daisy[/name] very nicknamey but lately I’ve warmed to it, and I find it very sweet.

I had issues in the past with [name]Ivy[/name] due to the poison [name]Ivy[/name] connection, but now I’m thinking its actually a spunky, vintage gem.

I felt the same way about [name]Blossom[/name] as I did about [name]Daisy[/name], I found it babyish, but now I quite like it.

Opinions on these three, please? I’d use [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] up front, but would only use [name]Blossom[/name] in the middle.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

I’ve definitely had a [name]Daisy[/name] crush, which then turned into a [name]Maisie[/name] crush. What ended both? Picturing a 17 year old, a 40 year old, and a 60 year old with either moniker. Are they adorable? YES! [name]Do[/name] I still love them? Yes. And would a baby girl named [name]Daisy[/name] warm anyone’s heart? Yes, definitely.

Same problem with [name]Blossom[/name], in my opinion, though I definitely think that it (or Bloom…) would make an outstanding middle name choice (a little cute, a little out there…just right for a middle).

[name]Ivy[/name], though, has the right mix of adorable, quirky, vintage, spunky and sophisticated. Adorable on a 2 year old and a tween, sexy and smart on a twenty-something and cool, vintage and grandma-appropriate on an old lady. I’d say it’s perfect!

The only thing I don’t like about them is that [name]Ivy[/name] stands out as more ‘dignified’ than the others. [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Blossom[/name] can both be described as cute or sweet, but [name]Ivy[/name] is gorgeous or graceful. Sisters [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] would seem strange to me, I would expect something like [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Blythe[/name] or [name]Hazel[/name] with [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Summer[/name], [name]Lark[/name] or [name]Grace[/name] with [name]Daisy[/name].
As middle names, I don’t see a problem, and I love the idea of one word name for each child in the middle. However, if my middle name was [name]Ivy[/name] and my sisters’ middle names were [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Blossom[/name], I would at some point wonder why my mother thought my sisters were cuter than me or something along those lines. [name]Blossom[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] are word and concepts a child is familiar with, [name]Ivy[/name] is more strange to them, and the beauty and sweetness of [name]Ivy[/name] is not as apparent to them.

I love [name]Daisy[/name]! I think it’s cutesy, but I don’t think it’s overly cute and could only be seen on a child. [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name] was a character in the Great Gatsy, and in the show Downton [name]Abbey[/name] they have a maid named [name]Daisy[/name]. It’s got and old British charm to it, which I love! I’d name my daughter [name]Daisy[/name] in a heartbeat.
I also love [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Posey[/name], which seem to fall until the “cute” category along with [name]Daisy[/name].

I’ve always loved [name]Ivy[/name]. I don’t think of poison ivy at all, I just think of a spunky vintage gem, just like you said. However, with [name]Beyonce[/name] naming her daughter [name]Blue[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], the name has lost the same punch or used to have (in my opinion, at least).
[name]Ivy[/name] is stronger than both [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Blossom[/name], so I couldn’t see these three in a sibset. [name]Ivy[/name] is sleek and sophisticated while the rest are more whimsical.

[name]Blossom[/name] is adorable! But I would only use this name in the middle slot. [name]Blossom[/name] as a first name is a little too hippie-ish for me. Plus I think of the Powerpuff Girls.
However, [name]Blossom[/name] is a great middle name! I’ve thrown around a few combos with [name]Blossom[/name] in the middle, and I love: [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Blossom[/name].

You might like these nature names that are off the beaten path, too:
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Posey[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]

I love [name]Blossom[/name]!! I would really like [name]Everly[/name] [name]Blossom[/name], [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Blossom[/name], and [name]Elodie[/name] [name]Blossom[/name]!

[name]Daisy[/name] - I like it as a middle name but up front I’d use [name]Margaret[/name] (or one of its variants) with the nickname [name]Daisy[/name].
[name]Ivy[/name] - Classic, love it.
[name]Blossom[/name] - I just can’t get behind [name]Blossom[/name], even in the middle. I think [name]Flora[/name] or [name]Fleur[/name] would be much nicer options.

[name]Daisy[/name] isn’t my style but I don’t see anything wrong with it, I’d love to know a little [name]Daisy[/name]!
I don’t care for [name]Ivy[/name] because a character I really dislike on a tv show was named [name]Ivy[/name], so I don’t think you should take my opinion on that one! :slight_smile: But incase you want it, it makes me think of an IV needle, which creeps me out because I don’t do needles well!!
[name]Blossom[/name] is just darling, I can see it growing up really well, and it doesn’t really sound like other names out there, and I really like that! It is a name of one of the Powderpuff Girls, I don’t know if they still play that cartoon though.