Daisy or Ozzy

I want to name our daughter [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] second favorite has been [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] but I’ve seen it jump in popularity since [name_f]Katy[/name_f] [name_u]Perry[/name_u]’s baby and I don’t love a trendy/popular name. What do you guys think? [name_f]My[/name_f] husband likes [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] better…

Daisy [name_f]Renee[/name_f] or [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]?

Or any suggestions for something similar?

2 Likes

Ozzy!!!

2 Likes

I do like [name_u]Izzy[/name_u]. Need to look into that one more. Thanks!

1 Like

I just love it! [name_f]My[/name_f] middle son is [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]. When I had him five years ago you literally never heard the name and I was sold on it. [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] is the only name Im sold on and it’s hard to look at others because I don’t love them as much no matter how hard I try lol!!!

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] on a girl.

1 Like

I’ve never been fond of [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]. [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] on a girl is super sweet and fresh!

2 Likes

I actually like [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] alot. There’s an influencer family with a baby girl named [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] and they obviously make the name seem very cool.
[name_f]My[/name_f] hangup is that [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] looks like a nickname, whereas [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] stands on it’s own.
So what about [name_f]Osa[/name_f]/Ossa, [name_m]Ossian[/name_m] “[name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]” or [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] “[name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]”, [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f] “[name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]”, [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] “[name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]” or even [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] “[name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]”? You sound pretty convinced already, but I had to say that.

As for [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], it’s a little trendy, but I don’t think she will meet many [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]’s in her life. Maybe one or two and it will be special for them both. I suspect that it’s too niche of a name for it to really ever skyrocket in popularity like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Lily[/name_f].

2 Likes

Why not [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] nn [name_u]Izzy[/name_u]?

My favourite is [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]. [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] feels all boy to me!

1 Like

I love both those but I’m very into naming what I’ll call her. Not into using a nickname.

1 Like

All good points! I don’t love a nickname though. I’m very into naming a child what I’ll call them.

Gotcha. I’m the same way. I’m going with [name_f]Bee[/name_f] [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] instead of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] because of this.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Bee[/name_f] as is. Good choice

2 Likes

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is so sweet! That is definitely my favorite of the two!

1 Like

Daisy! I think [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] could be hard for a girl and woman to wear, unless it was a nickname for something.

1 Like

Daisy [name_f]Renee[/name_f] is charming

1 Like

100% [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you! [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] is a lovely compromise between [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]. Good luck!

1 Like

Oh, [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m], how cool! [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is one of my favorite names, but I really love the idea of [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] on a girl!
I know personally, I’d love to have been named [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]! :blush:

Either way, I don’t think you can go wrong! Maybe you could take both with you, and see which one suits her more!
Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

(Also, I much prefer [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] & [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] to [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] myself. I’ve known more [name_u]Izzy[/name_u]’s than I can count, so it feels too overused to me. The other two feel more special!)

other ‘z’ suggestions:
[name_f]Aleeza[/name_f]
[name_f]Aliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Arizona[/name_f]
[name_u]Aza[/name_u]
[name_f]Azora[/name_f]
[name_f]Azra[/name_f]
[name_f]Azula[/name_f]
[name_u]Azure[/name_u]/Azura
[name_f]Beatriz[/name_f]
[name_f]Bizzy[/name_f]
[name_u]Blaze[/name_u]
Breezy
Cazzie
[name_f]Cozette[/name_f]
[name_u]Cruz[/name_u]
Dezzy
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
Ezme
[name_f]Ezria[/name_f]
[name_u]Fritzi[/name_u]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]/Hazey
[name_f]Inez[/name_f]
[name_f]Jazzie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lizbeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lizette[/name_f]
[name_f]Lizzy[/name_f]
[name_f]Luiza[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]/Maizie
[name_f]Mitzi[/name_f]
[name_f]Ozara[/name_f]
[name_f]Razzy[/name_f]
[name_f]Roza[/name_f]/Rosie/Rosalind
[name_f]Suzie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tanzy[/name_f]
[name_f]Topaz[/name_f]
[name_f]Yazz[/name_f]/Yazzy
[name_f]Zada[/name_f]/Zadie
[name_u]Zandy[/name_u]
[name_f]Zanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Zanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Zazie[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Zella[/name_f]
[name_f]Zena[/name_f]/Zenna
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]
[name_f]Zeta[/name_f]/Zetta
[name_f]Zibby[/name_f]
[name_u]Ziggy[/name_u]
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Zofia[/name_f]/Zofie
[name_u]Zola[/name_u]
[name_f]Zora[/name_f]/Zory
[name_f]Zuzanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Zuzu[/name_f]
[name_f]Zyla[/name_f]

I prefer [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]. To me, [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] is all boy. [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] would make a great sister and brother sibset though.

2 Likes