Daisy's Brother Poll

See the results of this poll: Which name for my son?

Respondents: 50 (This poll is closed)

• Peter Henry Drinkwater: 9 (18%)
  • Peter Matthew Drinkwater: 2 (4%)
  • Joel Matthew Drinkwater: 2 (4%)
  • Joel Henry Drinkwater: 4 (8%)
  • Jasper Henry Drinkwater: 18 (36%)
  • Lewis Henry Drinkwater: 6 (12%)
  • Lewis Matthew Drinkwater: 4 (8%)
  • Albus Henry Drinkwater: 5 (10%)

I like [name]Henry[/name] best as the middle name. My only concern with the firsts, really, would be the double -er thing you’ve got going on with your last name and [name]Peter[/name] or [name]Jasper[/name]. Our last name ends in -er too, so we’re trying to steer away from names like that because we think they sound kind of odd together (which stinks, because I really like [name]Peter[/name]!).

I don’t mind the double -er since they’re different lengths. [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Parker[/name] would be bad since they’re both two syllables, but I don’t feel like [name]Peter[/name] Drinkwater is a problem. That said [name]Peter[/name] [name]Henry[/name] is my favorite, and [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Henry[/name] would be my second choice.

I love [name]Jasper[/name]! It is currently my favorite boy name – period. I want to keep it to myself, so in a case like this, the evil angel in me says, “Make a strong case for [name]Peter[/name]!” Which isn’t too hard to do, as [name]Peter[/name] is a great name too. But I don’t think anyone can keep [name]Jasper[/name] from becoming popular. Sigh. So that is truly my first vote. I agree with poster immediately above – the ‘er’ ending is not an issue because of the different word lengths. [name]Peter[/name] works well too. Go with [name]Peter[/name]! Leave [name]Jasper[/name] to me! (He he he.)

I know [name]Henry[/name] is tremendously popular, but I voted for [name]Matthew[/name] in the middle. Sentimental favorite, I suppose. So my votes, in order:

[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] Drinkwater
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] Drinkwater

[name]Both[/name] great names.

Thankyou very much!

We are now also considering [name]Marcus[/name] too… [name]Marcus[/name] [name]Henry[/name] Drinkwater (I know, the lists getting longer rather than shorter…!). So, now between [name]Peter[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Joel[/name], [name]Lewis[/name], Albus and [name]Marcus[/name]… [name]Joel[/name] is slipping off the list gradually though I think and sorry to disappoint everyone (except bonnie of course!) but [name]Jasper[/name] is below the others too… Difficult to choose!

Albus is my favourite of the lot but just not sure re: the Dumbledore connection…

[name]Val[/name] x

Difficult choice - I like them all. I do particularly like [name]Marcus[/name] Drinkwater and Albus Drinkwater. If Albus is your favourite then use it!

[name]Dahlia[/name]

I like [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Henry[/name] Drinkwater the best, followed by [name]Lewis[/name] [name]Henry[/name] Drinkwater. Although now that you mention it, [name]Marcus[/name] Drinkwater is great too! I think Albus is a little too much for a child, but if you really can’t live without using it, then you should.