Dakota James or Vincent Gabriel?

I’m down to [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]. Last name starts with a W and is one syllable. Thoughts?

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u].

They are so different. I like [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] a lot more than [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] so my vote is [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u].

Vincent [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] is a magnificent name! I prefer [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] for a girl.

3 Likes

Love [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]!

Vincent

These names have really different vibes. Personally I prefer [name_u]Dakota[/name_u].

What do you mean by different vibes?

Vincent [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] seems to have an upright masculine vibe with something of a timeless quality, whereas [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] seems to be more of a modern unisex name.

2 Likes

I agree with @almostactually and would also add, [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] feels somewhat nature-y to me, like evoking the expansive mid-west (which I think is very cool imagery) but [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] is more like a classical name ([name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Price[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Van[/name_u] Gogh).

2 Likes

Vincent [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] is wonderful

Vincent [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] easily gets my vote!

Vincent [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] and like it the other way round too [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] but partner wasn’t keen :frowning:

Vincent [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]! That particular combo reminds me of [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Van[/name_u] Gogh, someone I’ve always connected to. I like [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] fine, but I don’t care for it on a boy.

I love the way [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] sounds but I would caution against it if you aren’t of native American/indigenous heritage because it’s considered by some indigenous folks as offensive and
a form of cultural appropriation. As for [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u], I think it’s lovely and unique- also so many great nickname options! [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] gets my vote :smiley:

2 Likes

I like [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]!

Vincent [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]! It’s absolutely lovely, [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] is an underused and classic choice, very handsome, with cute nicknames [name_u]Vinnie[/name_u] and [name_m]Vin[/name_m], and the whole name flows beautifully. An excellent choice.

I vote for [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u].

Vincent [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]! I love how classic and handsome it sounds! I personally prefer [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] on a girl.

Would probably go with [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] for its friendly, traditional vibe.