Dale Orion - Opinions

Hey Berries,

I recently found the name [name_u]Dale[/name_u] and surprised myself by finding it quite charming, I think it’s an unusual nature name with lots of potential. Putting it in a combo with [name_u]Orion[/name_u] just made me like it more and I’m interested to see what you guys think - do you agree, disagree, general thoughts etc. Other names on my list right now are; [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_m]Clyde[/name_m] - any opinions on them and other suggestions are more than welcome.

I like it, actually. Strong, handsome, unique one.

My late uncle was named [name_u]Dayle[/name_u] pronounced [name_u]Dale[/name_u]. So I like it since it reminds me of him. He was so fun and always the life of the party. [name_u]Dale[/name_u] is an unusual choice, I only know one other. I think [name_u]Dale[/name_u] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] sounds very handsome.

Style-wise, [name_u]Dale[/name_u] and [name_m]Clyde[/name_m] sound similar or give off a similar vibe. Whereas [name_u]Orion[/name_u] and [name_m]Leon[/name_m] or [name_u]Orion[/name_u] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] sound like brothers to me.

The names [name_u]Dale[/name_u] and [name_u]Orion[/name_u] have two very different styles to my ear.

I think [name_u]Dale[/name_u] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] is a fun combo. I don’t immediately think of [name_u]Dale[/name_u] as a nature name, because geographically that’s pretty far removed from me, but it IS a nice nature nod. If your [name_u]Dale[/name_u] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] ever has a brother, I hope you go with [name_m]Leon[/name_m], because that’s another nature name that isn’t immediately obvious, too. I happen to know two Dales, both in their early 30s - both super smart, and both are guys who would give you the shirt off their backs to help you out.

Anyway, thumbs up from me on [name_u]Dale[/name_u] [name_u]Orion[/name_u]!

Thanks guys, Im glad you like the combo. @stephaniebrooke I definitely see how Theo has a different vibe to Dale maybe Wyatt, perhaps. @saracita00 I like the idea of Leon and Dale as siblings, having the subtle nature theme.

Great combos! I agree it works with the two different vibes. The only reason I wouldn’t put [name_u]Dale[/name_u] and [name_u]Orion[/name_u] together is because of the vowel-vowel.

I can’t decide if I like [name_u]Dale[/name_u] [name_u]Orion[/name_u]. I think of [name_m]Chip[/name_m] and [name_u]Dale[/name_u], the cartoon chipmunks, when I hear [name_u]Dale[/name_u]. Or even the Chippendales (the male strippers), which is a very unfortunate association. It also feels like an older, uncle-type name, whereas [name_u]Orion[/name_u] seems zingy and fresh. In 2017, you’d be more likely to hear them the other way around–[name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_u]Dale[/name_u]–which feels like he’d fit in better with classmates.

Thanks for your replies. @tfzolghadr I don’t really mind the difference in style, but I can see the datedness. @oftenoverseas I know of the chipmunks but not the other association - that is quite unfortunate, maybe not [name_u]Dale[/name_u] as a first. I like [name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_u]Dale[/name_u], but have always prefered [name_u]Orion[/name_u] as a middle.