Dana?

What comes to mind when you think of the name [name_u]Dana[/name_u]? The only person I can think of is [name_u]Dana[/name_u] [name_m]Scully[/name_m] which I love as a namesake, but are there any negative associations?

[name_m]How[/name_m] does it go with a sister named [name_u]Jean[/name_u]?

Which middle name sounds best

[name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]

Also, how is [name_u]Dana[/name_u] compared to
[name_u]Francis[/name_u]/[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ann[/name_f]/[name_f]Anne[/name_f]
?

I love [name_u]Dana[/name_u] with [name_u]Jean[/name_u], they seem to be perfect stylistically. I would pick [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] or [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] as the middle because [name_f]Ann[/name_f] seems too repetitive. I think that with [name_u]Jean[/name_u], [name_u]Dana[/name_u] goes the best except for [name_f]Frances[/name_f], those seem about equal for me. Either one would be a great choice.

I think [name_u]Dana[/name_u] goes well with [name_u]Jean[/name_u]. [name_u]Dana[/name_u] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] is my favorite. Most of other names on your list seem fairly different from [name_u]Dana[/name_u] and [name_u]Jean[/name_u] stylistically, but to my ear, [name_f]Ann[/name_f] also goes well with [name_u]Jean[/name_u].

[name_u]Dana[/name_u] is wonderful. [name_u]Dana[/name_u] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] seems the best bet.

One of my dearest cousins is called [name_u]Dana[/name_u]. (Her twin sister is [name_f]Louise[/name_f].)

I like [name_u]Dana[/name_u] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] best. I think following the -a vowel you need to have a harder consonant. Of all the names you listed, I do like [name_f]Anne[/name_f] the most. TO me, [name_u]Dana[/name_u] will always remind me of the one I know, which is no bad thing!

[name_u]Jean[/name_u] and [name_u]Dana[/name_u] are wonderful together. [name_u]Dana[/name_u] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] is my favorite

[name_u]Dana[/name_u] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] is beautiful! Classic names that deserve to be used more often. [name_u]Dana[/name_u] has a connection with the Irish goddess [name_f]Danu[/name_f]. A lovely link, if you care to research it…

I agree with this. The other names seem like names that are coming into popularity now and [name_u]Dana[/name_u] doesn’t fit into that list. I only know two Danas and they’re both mid30s, but I think it fits quite well with [name_u]Jean[/name_u]!

The first thing I thought of were the [name_u]Dana[/name_u] Girls, a [name_f]Nancy[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]-like YA series from the mid-20th century. Funnily enough, the sisters’ first names were [name_f]Louise[/name_f] & [name_u]Jean[/name_u]!

I find the name [name_u]Dana[/name_u] to be unisex & like it for both boys & girls. If you wanted something on the more feminine side, [name_f]Danae[/name_f] ([name_m]Daan[/name_m]-NAY) is very pretty. On the really unusual scale is Daalny, a queen from Celtic/Irish mythology.

Of the middle names, I like [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] w/[name_u]Dana[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

I know one girl [name_u]Dana[/name_u] and one boy [name_u]Dana[/name_u] so to me it could go either way.
With a feminine name like [name_u]Jean[/name_u], I’d name a sister [name_f]Claire[/name_f].