Dane?

Thoughts on this name?

I can only think of the dog breed Great [name_u]Dane[/name_u].

Ditto the dog.

I don’t think of the dog, but I’m personally not a fan. It sounds aggressive to me.

I’m afraid I think of the dog (and it’s a scary breed).

LOVE!!!

A friend’s hot older brother had this name - I’ve loved it ever since :wink:

Also, I think the other associations are really positive. Great Danes are a lovely breed (plus Great [name_u]Dane[/name_u] as a nickname sounds awesome) and Danish people are wonderful! Happiest country in the world! You cannot go wrong with this name!

1 Like

I don’t really love it, sorry.

I like it. It reminds me of [name_u]Dean[/name_u]. I don’t think the Great [name_u]Dane[/name_u] association is a bad thing.

1 Like

I like it, though I prefer the sound of [name_u]Dale[/name_u], it feels a little softer to me.

1 Like

I havent heard this in awhile but I like it.

I really like [name_u]Dane[/name_u]! It’s handsome and strong. I don’t associate it with the dog breed, I think of actor [name_u]Dane[/name_u] Dehaan! I also like [name_u]Dean[/name_u]!

1 Like

Reminds me of the dog, right away.

I like the name [name_u]Dane[/name_u]. I know one man named [name_u]Dane[/name_u] and have never associated it with the dog breed.

2 Likes

It’s okay, but a bit harsh for me

1 Like

I just can’t picture it on a person because my cousins have a Great [name_u]Dane[/name_u] and he’s all I can think of.

I love it and seriously considered it for our third.
I don’t mind the dog association at all & love the thought of calling a little Dane- “big dog” as a nickname… I think it’s an effortlessly cool boy name!!!

If I ever go for #4, Dane will def be on our short list. Good luck

It sounds like a cool name but I can’t help but think of the giant dog breed. [name_m]Dante[/name_m] kinda sounds close though if your looking fur other similar names.:blush:

I like it! Its underused and simple, in a good way.

I knew someone at my university with this name and thought it suited him! Though I also thought of a great dane.

Dane also makes me think of the name [name_u]Duke[/name_u], which I prefer more.

Solid name, nothing bad about it. I like straightfwd, one syllable names, too.

I know someone named [name_u]Dane[/name_u].

Makes me of someone from Denmark.