Daniel Elliot Porter?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!

I’ve been thinking today about my top boy name, [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]. I have also be thinking that my surname [name_u]Porter[/name_u] will run out when I get married. Unless my cousin [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] changes her surname to [name_u]Porter[/name_u]-whateverherhusbandssurname there will be no more Porters and I think this is sad. I was wondering if maybe I could add [name_u]Porter[/name_u] as a second middle name to [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u].
I don’t know if [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Porter[/name_u] Whatever would be right.
What do you think?
Thanks,
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] xx

I think it sounds good, and I was in the same situation when I had my son last year (family name ending with me). I wanted to do 2 middles to include my last name, but I felt it would ultimately get lost. So I ended up going with the hyphenated last name for my son. I don’t love hyphenated names, but our names sound good together and this way both families are represented.

Anyway, I think [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Porter[/name_u] sounds nice!

I think adding your maiden name as a mn for a son is a really nice idea.
My SO and his sister both have his mothers maiden-name as a mn and it’s kinda cool.

I would probably put [name_u]Porter[/name_u] in second place -> [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Porter[/name_u] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]. It seems to have a nicer flow. the -el [name_f]El[/name_f]- of [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] feels a bit awkward to say and I can see the name turning into Danielliot.

I suggest using [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] (though I prefer [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]) and keeping your own name.