Daniela Pearl? family honoring

My father’s name is D@n!el E@rl and I have recently decided that I would really like to honor him. Amazingly, my hubby has agreed! After honoring his side of the family twice with the boys’ middles, it’s time for a name from my side.
What do you think about naming my daughter [name_f]Daniela[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]? Does it go at all with my sons’ names?
[name_f]Daniela[/name_f]- because I really don’t care for [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], with the stress on the last syllable. [name_u]Dana[/name_u], unfortunately, is taken by a family friend (and someone my father really doesn’t get along with.) [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any other ideas to honor a [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]?
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]- Is it overkill to give both first and middle names in honor? I kind of like this idea, because my dad’s middle is meaningful. He was named after his maternal grandfather, [name_m]Earl[/name_m]. My mom’s name begins with Pe, so [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] would be like combining my parents names! Plus my dad was born on Pearl Harbor day. (Is that a morbid connection?) Is there a better feminization of [name_m]Earl[/name_m]?
Thank you!

I think [name_f]Daniela[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is beautiful and works very well with the rest of your list, and your sons’ names. I think the honour names in both first and middle spots are fine, it’s more a personal preference thing, really! And as for the D-[name_u]Day[/name_u] connection, it’s also my parents’ wedding anniversary, my dad’s a huge WWII nut, and chose that because he knew he’d remember it. (He forgets my younger sister’s birthdate, after 17 years, so thankfully the D-[name_u]Day[/name_u] thing has worked for him - although occasionally he’s thought of D-[name_u]Day[/name_u] first, then the anniversary). I don’t think it’s too morbid.

Other ideas to honor a [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]: [name_u]Dani[/name_u], [name_f]Daliah[/name_f]/[name_f]Dalia[/name_f], [name_f]Delani[/name_f], [name_f]Diana[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f], [name_f]Danae[/name_f], [name_f]Danika[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] isn’t my favorite name, but when your combining your dad’s middle name with the first letter of your mom’s name that’s really sweet :slight_smile:

Here are a few more options for names that are considered traditional female forms of [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]:

Danella
[name_f]Danelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Danica[/name_f]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_f]Dina[/name_f]/[name_f]Deena[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Diane[/name_f]
[name_f]Danae[/name_f]
[name_u]Dani[/name_u]/[name_f]Danni[/name_f]

If you’re not married to the idea of a traditional feminized form of the name, here are some that I think are close enough to work as a nod to the name [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]:

[name_u]Day[/name_u]
[name_f]Daya[/name_f]
[name_f]Dayanara[/name_f]
[name_f]Diandra[/name_f]/[name_f]Deandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphina[/name_f]
[name_u]Denver[/name_u]
[name_f]Desdemona[/name_f]
Danaya
[name_f]Dagney[/name_f]/[name_f]Dagne[/name_f]
[name_f]Dagna[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Darlene[/name_f]
[name_f]Denise[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Darla[/name_f]
Darma
[name_f]Dora[/name_f]
[name_u]Dara[/name_u]
[name_f]Daria[/name_f]
[name_f]Doria[/name_f]
[name_f]Dawn[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]/[name_f]Nelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Nella[/name_f]
[name_u]Nelly[/name_u]/[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]

You might also consider names that aren’t clearly tied to the name [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], but could possibly work with a nickname of “[name_f]Danni[/name_f]”:

[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]
[name_u]Jordan[/name_u]
[name_f]Jordana[/name_f]
[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u]
[name_u]Andrea[/name_u]
[name_f]Adrienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Ireland[/name_f]
Liandra/[name_f]Leandra[/name_f]
[name_u]Madigan[/name_u]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_m]Ryland[/name_m]

I do like the name [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] – perhaps you should consider it for the first name! A few more variations on [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]:

[name_f]Earlene[/name_f] (feminine form of [name_m]Earl[/name_m])
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_u]Early[/name_u]

Thank you for your wonderful responses! I feel a little bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of ideas. It will take me some time to go over each alternative carefully, and pass the lists by my hubby. (As a devoted namenerd, I will love doing so!) :slight_smile:

Instinctively I like:
[name_f]Danae[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]- long-time favorite… too dated?
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]- love! Guilty pleasure?
[name_f]Desdemona[/name_f]- Guilty pleasure?
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]/ [name_f]Della[/name_f]- could these work as nicknames for [name_f]Daniela[/name_f]?
[name_f]Dagney[/name_f]/ [name_f]Dagne[/name_f]/ [name_f]Dagna[/name_f] fascinates me.
[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u]
[name_u]Early[/name_u] is interesting as well.

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is definitely worth considering as a first name. It might sound a little abrupt with our last name- Ky13? Too much strong L?

I’m not sure which spelling is preferable - [name_f]Daniella[/name_f] or [name_f]Daniela[/name_f]? Double L gives “[name_f]Ella[/name_f]” nickname, but almost looks a bit froufrou to me.
At this point, I am very excited to have a direction to head with girls names. Hubby and I have never agreed on anything about female names. Thank the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] we have had boys so far! These ideas are going to the top of my girls list.

Very pretty! I would also suggest [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]. I prefer it to [name_f]Daniela[/name_f].

Shamelessly bumping for more feedback!:slight_smile:

[name_f]Daniela[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is gorgeous! I think it’s a winner.

[name_f]Daniela[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is a gorgeous name and I think it’s a sweet name I love that it honours your family completely. It’s a strong, elegant name. Really beautiful.

I think that [name_f]Daniela[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is absolutely stunning, and I love the nickname [name_f]Della[/name_f]!

Hey! I love [name_f]Daniela[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]–particularly with the one ‘l’ instead of two.

Some other suggestions (sorry if any of these are repeats):

Dafna
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_u]Dara[/name_u]/[name_f]Daria[/name_f]
[name_f]Danica[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_u]Damaris[/name_u] ([name_f]Damara[/name_f]?)

I think the name [name_f]Daniella[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is nice (I’d spell it with two L’s for the nn [name_f]Ella[/name_f]) . I personally wouldn’t use both names to honor a person (especially one that is still living) but that is just a personal preference.