Dante Scott

My family is Italian-American and my grandfather’s name was [name]Dante[/name]. We would like to use this name for a boy, but my husband’s last name is a fairly common English name and I’m not sure about using an Italian name with our last name.

Also, we’re considering the middle name [name]Scott[/name], which is my husband’s middle name and also the last name of a close friend.

I love the name [name]Dante[/name], but I just don’t know with our very English-sounding last name.

Any thoughts?

[name]How[/name] about [name]Dane[/name] as an alternative?

I think it will be fine. I had the opposite growing up. A very plain, American name with a VERY Italian last name. It worked out just fine, I never had an issue. :slight_smile:

[name]Dante[/name] is a great name and if it flows with your surname I can see no problem.

I don’t see a problem with [name]Dante[/name] and an English last name. It is a recongnizable sound and spelling in English and flows very well with [name]Scott[/name] (which is also a simple English name).

I agree. If I think of it as [name]Dante[/name] [name]Smith[/name] or [name]Dante[/name] [name]Jones[/name] it sounds fine to me, and I like [name]Scott[/name] as a mn.

I like it. :slight_smile:

I love this combination! In this day and age, I think it is perfectly fine to have an Italian first name with an English last name…I personally love exotic touches like that and [name]Dante[/name] [name]Scott[/name] is fantastic!

I think it is fine. If you love it, then go for it.

Thanks to everyone for your comments. I think it’s a winner if we have a boy!