Daphne or Delphine?

With the rising popularity of [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] is rare gem that sounds similar to [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]. Which one do you prefer?

I really like them both. I think I slightly prefer [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] for myself but [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] is also great, especially if you want something less trendy.

1 Like

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f].

1 Like

They’ve got totally different vibes to me. Maybe I’m too literal, but I think of the flower vs a dolphin… and [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] has the [name_u]French[/name_u] origin/feel to it which [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] doesn’t.

So I guess on people [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] makes me think of a cheerful, friendly, but also maybe a bit introverted or reserved girl/woman with a gorgeous smile/laugh. Likes to be in the garden, down-to-earth.

[name_f]Delphine[/name_f] makes me think more sleek and slender and a bit posh, likes perfume and fashion and hair done nicely, maybe travel and going out for coffee.

I’ve got absolutely no preference for either name, they’re both gorgeous, but for my own child I’d probably go with [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] because it more fits with our vibe and our kids’ other names. I’m more an in the garden in my crocs straight-up person than I am a fashion or a wee-bit-posh person, so I think [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] would just feel out of place for us.

2 Likes

[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]. For some reason, I’ve never liked [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]. I think it’s a fine, pretty name, but for some reason I can’t put my finger on, I dislike it. [name_u]Or[/name_u] at least, I don’t understand the hype around it.

1 Like

I slightly prefer [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] but think they’re both beautiful and distinctive. [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] is a name I can’t use because it’s too close to another name in my family, but I am sad about that because I think it’s stunning.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]!

1 Like

Unfortunately my only association with [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] is [name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] :slightly_frowning_face:

They’re both lovely though! I do love [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] bud [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] is also very pretty

1 Like

I love [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and I like [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] a lot. I’d rather be named [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], but they are both lovely.

1 Like

[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like the sleek, stylish feel of [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] - warm and pretty

1 Like

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] x

1 Like

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f].

1 Like

i dont really like daphne, so i would choose delphine

1 Like

I don’t like neither they aren’t my style [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] makes me think of [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_m]Oz[/name_m] the daughter of [name_u]Doctor[/name_u] [name_m]Oz[/name_m] and [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] reminds me of the donkey from [name_f]Peppa[/name_f] Pig.

1 Like

I agree! Daphne gives me a cheerful, down-to-earth vibe whereas Delphine feels more sleek and sophisticated. I prefer the feeling I get from Daphne but both are lovely!

1 Like

Both are lovely :heart:

However my favourite is [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] she’s just elegant, sophisticated and has a delicate romantic sound. I love the associations with dolphins the connection to the sea and nature. A dolphin inspired nursery would be sweet :dolphin:

I also absolutely love the nickname [name_f]Delphi[/name_f].
Honestly I love [name_f]Delphi[/name_f] so much!

I do have [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] as a middle name for [name_f]Flora[/name_f] (I have the combination [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Caroline) but she is a honour for my best friend that I’ve lost recently rather than for the name itself.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]! [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] is lovely, but feels a little sugary sweet to me, while [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is more grounded.

1 Like

I still like [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] better

1 Like