Daphne?

Hello everyone,

I am still brainstorming various names we can agree on (I love so many, my husband loves so few :)) and one he actually suggested was [name]Daphne[/name]. I wasn’t sure at first, but it is really growing on me. I think it sounds sweet and sophisticated, is a great alternative to [name]Sophie[/name] (another of my favorites but very popular now), and is a flower name (some of the names I love that he has rejected are [name]Rose[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], etc).

What does everyone think of [name]Daphne[/name]? Any middle name suggestions?

Thanks!

I think it’s a great name! Classic but not overused. You have a lot of middle names to choose from:

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]

etc. The only thing I would NOT do is choose another name that ends in an “ee” sound. Good luck!

I love the name [name]Daphne[/name] it is cool and not at all overused. I don’t think you could go to terribly wrong with middle names but I think that [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Rose[/name] sounds perfect or [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Violet[/name] sounds even sweeter! Good luck!

I really love [name]Daphne[/name], too. Have you thought about [name]Delphine[/name] or [name]Dahlia[/name]?

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] (a lot of long e, though)
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Rosaline[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Viola[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Winifred[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Daphne[/name] is one of my very favorite names!

I know 2 Daphnes and they are the nicest most funny people I have ever met.
Good middle names are
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Noel[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Clarise[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Corrine[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

I hope you choose this name ( but only if you want a sweet, funny and caring child. then only you can choose something else.)

Ooh! I love [name]Daphne[/name]. You’re right; it’s an excellent alternative to the more popular [name]Sophie[/name]. I think it will age well, but it still has a fun, quirky edge to it. :slight_smile:
It’s a shame that your husband has vetoed [name]Violet[/name]! [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Violet[/name] would have been a lovely combo. :"(
Some ideas:
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name] - I’ve recently become very fond of this combo.
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Marisol[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Elouise[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Fauna[/name]
I hope this helped!

I’m fond of [name]Daphne[/name], too. My favorite middle of the suggestions so far is [name]Caroline[/name].

I like [name]Daphne[/name] - it was on my list, but apparently there is a Scooby [name]Do[/name] character with this name and those who watched that cartoon make this association immeidately. I also don’t like that it sounds a bit too similar to [name]Daffy[/name].

if not for those issues, I like the name very much!

Yes, it’s true, there was a character on Scooby-Doo with this name. There was also a [name]Velma[/name], [name]Fred[/name] and Shaggy, and once in a while, the [name]Harlem[/name] Globetrotters would stop by and help solve mysteries with the gang.

[name]Daphne[/name], when I was younger, it was on my list. I mean very young. Like, I had lists of names I would use to pretend. [name]Sally[/name] was an ok name for house, [name]Patricia[/name] was a beautiful all-purpose name, and [name]Daphne[/name] was my rich lady name. If we were playing mansion, my name was always [name]Daphne[/name]. Sometimes, we recreated something of a Gilligan’s Island scenario, and if I got to be Mrs. [name]Howell[/name]-type, my name was [name]Daphne[/name]. You see, once upon a time a long time ago, there was this box in the living room called a television, and some folks turned it on and watched some things. I’m telling you, it’s the truth! :wink: There is also a [name]Daffy[/name] Duck. He was a duck with a speech impediment and a proclivity for blowing his own head off with a gun and then straighten out his beak and get back to quarreling with some rabbit and a hunter. I know you think I’m kidding you, but it was real.

Pretty sure we’ve all seen Looney Toons.

I think [name]Daphne[/name] is a great name, I wouldn’t worry about the Scooby Doo connection, [name]Daphne[/name] is a really cool character, it’s not like she’s a geek. The daffy thing is the only thing that keeps [name]Daphne[/name] of my short list, but if that doesn’t bother you, I say go for it!

My 2 yr old is named [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Veronica[/name]. We also considered [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I love her name!

[name]Daphne[/name] reminds me of the chick on Scooby Doo. Granted, she was the cute redheaded one, but eh. Personally doesn’t work for me - then again, this is not my baby! :smiley: