Daphne?

What does everyone think of the name [name]Daphne[/name]? I kind of like it, but I’m unsure. I keep on thinking it sounds silly, or like a name for a pet.

Thanks to all who reply!

I feel the same way about [name]Daphne[/name]. I like it…I WANT to love it, but there’s something about it that I can’t quite put my finger on that I just don’t like…maybe because it sort of sounds like “daft”? Maybe it’s the “knee” sound? I don’t know! However, I [name]DO[/name] like that it’s familiar without being popular (where I live at least…I’ve never met anyone named [name]Daphne[/name], though I DID meet a cat by this name…).

Im curious to see what others think.

I love [name]Daphne[/name] - I don’t have a problem with the “knee” sound, or any of that, really! I also don’t think it sounds like a pet name, although I believe I’ve heard of a few dogs who’ve had the name [name]Daphne[/name], but it just doesn’t strike me as being something that could only work on a pet. Like, I don’t think it’s the type of name that should solely be a GP that you use on an animal - I think it’d work good on a possible daughter one day. But maybe that’s just me!

I think it has a lovely sound and look overall.

I love the name [name]Daphne[/name]. For some reason it makes me think of a flower, even though it isn’t one.

I also think it’s not as ‘strange’ these days asit might have been considered 10 years ago. There’s a teenage character called [name]Daphne[/name] on ‘Switched at Birth’, which I think is helping to make it seem cool again.

I’m surprised more poeple haven’t piped up and said “Eww, Scooby Doo reference!” … maybe that means a lot of people (like me) love and appreciate Scooby Doo :slight_smile:

Anyways, I really love the name [name]Daphne[/name] <3 I think one of the reasons why I love it is because of the PH :slight_smile:

I love it! It was on my top 10 for a while, it fell off a while ago, but I still like it and I think it’s refreshing to see. It definitely doesn’t seem cutesy or childish to me, I can see it growing up very well.

I really like it with what I remember to be a lot of your favorites, too–[name]Luna[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], etc.–although I don’t know if you really like those anymore.

I love [name]Daphne[/name]…it’s on my list but DH has put the thought in my head that it sounds dumb- most likely because it is close to the word daft and daffy.

I think it’s very pretty and underused.

Thanks to all those who gave their opinion! Keep the replies coming please!

I’m not a big fan. I actually do know a [name]Daphney[/name] (spelled like that). She does not earn the name any bonus points with me either.

I love the name [name]Daphne[/name] - trying to get DH on board so that it can make the fridge list!