Daphne?

What are your thoughts and opinions on the name Daphne?

3 Likes

I like [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]. It sounds like a very grown-up name, but it would be very sweet on a little girl too. I think of [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] from [name_m]Scooby[/name_m] Doo - it’s a smart, capable name, but pretty and feminine too. I think it would be a great choice.

1 Like

Solid choice but not for me personally!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] haha it reminds me of the book series Sisters Grimm — the [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] in there is hilarious

1 Like

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is clunky-cute and floral, with a bit of sass and vintage style

1 Like

I like [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] quite a bit!

1 Like

Not my personal taste though defs growing in popularity at least on here. I am a fan of clunky-cool, ‘unpretty’ names and strong sounds, and dislike very musical flowery uber princessy liquid names like the -ia and -ana ones. But to me there’s something off about [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], it’s very pert and clipped and the choppy consonants don’t run well into each other. I’m very much in the minority though, and love lots of other names of Greek origin. I can see it becoming an offbeat trendy option in certain circles. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] meaning too.

1 Like

I quite like [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], it’s simple and sweet. I think of [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Bridgerton and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] from scooby doo.

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]. Sweet and a little nerdy but in a good way.

It comes and goes on my list . One of my favorite [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] combos is [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is lovely!

I used to not be a fan of [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], I found her a little bit too scooby [name_f]Do[/name_f] however since the passing of my friend who loved the name [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] I now love her. I have the combination [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] on my list as an honour to my friend but honestly I’m so happy she’s there as I think [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is beautiful. She’s smart, elegant and melodic. A very elegant choice.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] ok. I associate it with other names like [name_f]Agnes[/name_f], [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_f]Edith[/name_f], all of which I prefer slightly over [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] feels a little outdated still where as the others feel fresh again. But it is still a good, solid name and if you love it you should go for it!

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is my absolute favorite name and has been since the nineties. I think it’s perfect, feminine but not too frilly. And I love Greek myths and the story of [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]. It’s also an honor name in my case. I’m very happy that I got to use it.

1 Like

it’s lovely !! just absolutely gorgeous. i i like her delicate sound, her mythological origin, and her cool vintage vibe. this kind of imagery :

1 Like

I love [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]! Very classy and elegant but with a bit of fiery spark. I associate it with a lavender and sage green color palate but that might be because of the [name_m]Scooby[/name_m] Doo character, which is a very strong association for me. I have [name_f]Nina[/name_f] on my list as a nickname from the “nee” sound at the end, [name_f]Dina[/name_f], [name_u]Dani[/name_u], and [name_u]Dana[/name_u] could also work.
This is my moodboard for her:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]! I think it feels a little vintage and I like that it isn’t overly popular. It does make me think of [name_m]Scooby[/name_m] Doo though

I love [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and actually don’t find it clunky at all.

It’s very cool and sleek, vaguely floral and posh. It somehow gives me “cool girl” vibes while still being very versatile