Darius

I have only known of one [name]Darius[/name], a footballer here in Australia, but I think it is a really handsome name. I also like the ‘-us’ ending to go with the ‘-an’ ending of my surname. But, could it be cute on a little baby boy? And what would be some of your middle name suggestions? I really like the idea of having a family name in the middle, and some of my options are: [name]Jon[/name], [name]Michael[/name], [name]David[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Jeffrey[/name] and [name]Allan[/name].

Also, what are some possible nicknames for [name]Darius[/name]?

I like the -us names as well…[name]Justus[/name], [name]Julius[/name], [name]Darius[/name]. [name]Darius[/name] is so handsome! The only nn that comes to mind is [name]Dari[/name] (or maybe just Dar?).

[name]Darius[/name] [name]Jon[/name]: [name]Darius[/name] is somewhat unusual and pairing it with the classic [name]John[/name] (prefer this spelling) really works.

[name]Darius[/name] [name]Michael[/name]: I like the sound of this, but I just know so many Michaels! I feel like it brings [name]Darius[/name] down a bit.

[name]Darius[/name] [name]David[/name]: This is quite nice! [name]How[/name] many syllables are in your surname? This combo would work especially well with a one-syllable last name.

[name]Darius[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]: I love [name]Benjamin[/name], but for some reason I don’t love it with [name]Darius[/name]. I think I just prefer some of your other options.

[name]Darius[/name] [name]Jeffrey[/name]: Not my favorite

[name]Darius[/name] [name]Allan[/name]: I hear “[name]Daria[/name] Sallan”

Other ideas:
[name]Darius[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Darius[/name] [name]Nathanial[/name]
[name]Darius[/name] [name]Peter[/name]
[name]Darius[/name] [name]Julian[/name]
[name]Darius[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Darius[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Darius[/name] [name]Ivan[/name]
[name]Darius[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]

Good luck!

I fell in love with that name recently. I can’t remember the middle names I had in mind for it though. [name]How[/name] about [name]Tucker[/name] [name]Darius[/name]. I don’t know! Honestly, you don’t have to give a middle name. What are some family names? In my family, we have a Rushton, which I think is darling. [name]Darius[/name] McKay. [name]Darius[/name] [name]Edwin[/name] sounds kinda pompous. [name]Darius[/name] Gregson?

Ooh! [name]Darius[/name] [name]Owen[/name], yeah?

Thanks for your thoughts! I really like [name]Darius[/name] [name]James[/name], but have my heart set on using a family name in the middle, probably from my partner’s side for a son.

[name]Olive[/name], unfortunately my partner and his father both have the middle name ‘[name]Jon[/name]’, spelt this way, and my father’s name is [name]John[/name], the classic way. So, because I want to honour my partner’s family with son’s name, I feel I would be stuck using the ‘[name]Jon[/name]’ spelling. I agree that it’s a shame, though. Whose idea what it to drop the ‘h’ in the first place!?

Another option is using my partner’s first name, [name]Brock[/name], in the middle. [name]Darius[/name] [name]Brock[/name]. But I don’t love this. =(

Anyway - no baby on the way yet, just throwing some ideas out there hoping to hear some thoughts!

[name]Hi[/name] there. :slight_smile: I second [name]Olive[/name]'s post, and really like [name]Darius[/name] [name]Jon[/name] and [name]Darius[/name] [name]David[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile: