Darling Little Ladies

A warm summer’s breeze rippling through the meadow gently as a young lady, dressed in pick and lace, twirls around, her many skirts and petticoats swirling in circles as she moves. Her soft reddish brown curls are tied back off her face with a pink satin ribbon, tied in a bow, her soft, pale skin resembling softly fallen snow as her blue eyes twinkle in the sunlight. As she bends down to pick wildflowers, she delicately places the flowers one by one in her small wicker basket, along side her soft, porcelain doll. Her mother stands on the veranda of their large, southern plantation home, calling her daughter to come back inside. Running back to her mother, she clutches her doll and basket close to her. Handing her mother the flowers, she gives a sweet smile before scurrying inside.

one
two

Now, the question I have is, what name do you picture the mother saying when she’s beckoning her daughter inside? I’m trying to build my list of Victorian names :slight_smile: Thanks!

Fun thread idea! I’m a sucker for imagery. [name_m]Just[/name_m] want to say I love some of the names in your sig; my favorites are [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f].

The description immediately makes me picture the Deep South where I grew up, so [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] from your list come to mind, as well as [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. I don’t know that I would consider these Victorian though.

Setting aside the Deep South vibe, and focusing on the description, [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] definitely springs to mind. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] ([name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] and/or [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] for long form) also seem to fit. There are others I think of, but these are the ones that fall more into the Victorian category.

I pictured a [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] or [name_f]Susannah[/name_f].

Or a [name_f]Lily[/name_f] or [name_f]Lilianna[/name_f]. Or a [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

S and L names for some reason. And I don’t think it will add to your list but it was fun!

I picture [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], or [name_f]Josefina[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] for a combo.

[name_f]Letitia[/name_f]/[name_f]Laetitia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lettie[/name_f]. Or possibly [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f].

I pictured [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]

I’m getting the vibe of a [name_f]Lillia[/name_f], [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] or [name_f]Blythe[/name_f].

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t know if it’s exactly Victorian, but I picture a [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]. Occasionally called [name_f]Essie[/name_f].