Dash and Dex?

Well, I don’t plan to have another one for at least a couple years, but I can’t help thinking about what I’ll name the next one! The name I really love is [name]Dexter[/name]! I’ve loved it for a long time, but dismissed it because our last name is [name]Becker[/name]. [name]Dexter[/name] [name]Becker[/name], I know it doesn’t work… but is it that bad? I mean, I [name]LOVE[/name] it, and I think [name]Dex[/name] would be the cutest as a brother to [name]Dash[/name]. Oh yeah, the other problem is that I don’t know that I want to go the matching initial route. But it seems that most of my favorite names start with D. We absolutely love [name]Dinah[/name] for a girl, my husband wants to call her Dinamite. I plan to have four, and I’d be perfectly happy with [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Dinah[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name]. But I’ve always disliked matchiness. This isn’t exactly a pressing issue, but I’d appreciate your thoughts. Especially, do you think I could use [name]Dexter[/name] [name]Becker[/name]?

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lyndsay[/name]!

Hmm…Like you said, [name]Dexter[/name] [name]Becker[/name] isn’t the best combination. :frowning: With Dasheill [name]David[/name] [name]Rowe[/name] [name]Becker[/name], you’ve got an award-winning name, and it would be a shame to ruin the trend. It’s not awful, awful, but I don’t think it’s really good, either.

I think [name]Declan[/name] [name]Becker[/name], while it’s still not perfect, has a better flow, and would still give you the [name]Dex[/name] nickname. I think [name]Declan[/name] (if you like it!), sounds great with [name]Dashiell[/name]!

You could also use [name]Dexter[/name] as a middle name (the first of two) to hide it from [name]Becker[/name]. [name]Even[/name] then, you could call him [name]Dex[/name]. :slight_smile:

What about just naming him [name]Dex[/name]? or Dexton? I like [name]Dexter[/name] better with [name]Dashiell[/name] but I agree that [name]Dexter[/name] [name]Becker[/name] is a mouthful. I have a [name]Dax[/name], not short for anything, and we love the name. I love [name]Dash[/name] too but [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Dax[/name] are almost too much! [name]Just[/name] make sure if you go with all the same letter that there are at least 4 of each sex name you really really like! My husband and I both have “M” names. We almost named our oldest [name]Molly[/name] and then decided there might just not be enough “M” names we really loved and who wants to get stuck with a name you think is just ok?

I agree with [name]Jill[/name], Dasheill [name]David[/name] [name]Rowe[/name] is a tough act to follow! I think [name]Dexter[/name] is probably better as a mn with [name]Becker[/name], unfortunately (it’s very cute!). Have you thought about [name]Baxter[/name]?