Dashiell, Piers, Nathaniel, or William?

DS #2 is on the way and will be here in the next few weeks! We are still trying to find a name, and have narrowed down our choices. Our firstborn is [name]Sebastian[/name], and we have had great success with that name! It fits him perfectly and we get many compliments. Our last name is simple and goes with all of our choices, so I am looking for opinions on our names:

[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]William[/name]

Any thoughts??

[quote=“pinkposies”]DS #2 is on the way and will be here in the next few weeks! We are still trying to find a name, and have narrowed down our choices. Our firstborn is [name]Sebastian[/name], and we have had great success with that name! It fits him perfectly and we get many compliments. Our last name is simple and goes with all of our choices, so I am looking for opinions on our names:

[name]Dashiell[/name] - very, very handsome, and would go really well with [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Piers[/name] - I think this is a fun version of [name]Peter[/name]. I also love [name]Piet[/name] (Dutch) and [name]Pietro[/name] (Italian).
[name]Nathaniel[/name] - absolutely love it.
[name]William[/name] - this is on my very short list of favorite boys’ names. But it seems kind of tame with [name]Sebastian[/name]. Maybe you might love [name]Liam[/name], [name]Wilhelm[/name], or [name]Willem[/name]. I looked up a list called “[name]William[/name]'s International Variations”. [name]Vassily[/name] was on the list. I looked up [name]Vassily[/name] and found [name]Basil[/name]. I wonder if [name]William[/name] is connected to [name]Basil[/name]? Anyway, I think [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Basil[/name] would be a darling pair of brothers. Or maybe they would be too matchy because both names have that “bas” sound.

Any thoughts??

[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Archibald[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Barnaby[/name] - so wonderful
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Benicio[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Cornelius[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Cosmo[/name] - I just fainted with happiness!
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Dante[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Ferdinand[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Javier[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Laszlo[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Lorenzo[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and Magellan
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Reginald[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Romeo[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Vicente[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Victor[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Xavier[/name]

I love the name [name]Sebastian[/name], and think your list is great! :slight_smile:

[name]Dashiell[/name]: I absolutely love this name, and think it’s fantastic with [name]Sebastian[/name]…Wait. When I say “[name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name]” (as though I’m calling them to dinner) or “[name]Sebastian[/name], Dashiel” together out loud, it’s a bit of a tongue twister to me, probably because of the shared “Shh” sounds and rhyming “[name]Dash[/name]”/“Sebash.” (I said "Dashtian and Sebastiell when I said the names quickly, but that’s just me, of course. :slight_smile: )

[name]Piers[/name]: I do think it’s handsome, but I think of [name]Piers[/name] [name]Morgan[/name], from “[name]America[/name]'s Got Talent.” Depending on where you live, I’m wondering if [name]Piers[/name] will be mistaken for [name]Pierce[/name] or misspelled…

[name]Nathaniel[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]!

[name]William[/name]: I love [name]William[/name], too…

[name]Even[/name] though it’s popular, I’m voting for [name]William[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name]. (My favorite is [name]Dashiell[/name], though…)

Some more you may like:

[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]/[name]Reid[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input, you two! I didn’t even know who [name]Piers[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] was, so I had to look him up. We’re are still deciding, but are leaning toward dropping [name]Nathaniel[/name] at this point. So, at least we have a final three!

Hey i think [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] is a cute sib set. [name]Nate[/name],[name]Nat[/name], [name]Nathan[/name] or [name]Thaniel[/name] as a nickname.All the Nathans I know are handsome too so thats a plus, Best of luck with it :slight_smile:

I think that [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Piers[/name], and [name]Nathaniel[/name] all compliment [name]Sebastian[/name] VERY well. I don’t think you could go wrong picking any of those. I agree with some responses above that [name]William[/name] is not quite in the same vintage/unusual category as [name]Sebastian[/name].

[name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name] would be my vote!

[name]Even[/name] though you’ve dropped [name]Nathaniel[/name] I still think it’s a good choice. I also like [name]Dashiell[/name] with [name]Sebastian[/name]. [name]Susan[/name] suggested [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Xavier[/name] and I think that combo sounds great!

Well let’s see.
[name]Dashiell[/name] is okay. I like [name]Sebastian[/name] better.
[name]Piers[/name] is a cool name and stands out to me.
[name]Nathaniel[/name] is okay too. My only thing with this is he may lose it forever as he gets older. Kids will probably call him nate, to shorten it and make it easier to say. But if that’s okay with you. I named all 6 of my kids names that can’t be shortened for that reason. As [name]Sebastian[/name], I don’t think you would ever shorten that one.
And last but not least [name]William[/name]. My least favorite. This will be a guaranteed shortened name, especially in middle and high school. [name]Billy[/name], [name]Bill[/name], [name]Will[/name], [name]Willy[/name] there may be even more. But it would work for a middle.
Good luck with the little prince.

I am voting for [name]Nathaniel[/name]. [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Nate[/name] or [name]Nathan[/name]. Very very cute. Good luck!

Well, I’m not sure if you dropped it or not, but [name]Nathaniel[/name] gets my vote. :slight_smile: It’s so handsome.
[name]William[/name] is my second choice, followed by [name]Dashiell[/name] ([name]Dash[/name] is such a cute nn), and then [name]Piers[/name]. Good luck!