Database entries you’d like to see amended

I noticed a few small issues today!

There is a typo in the entry for [name_f]Violeta[/name_f] - where “Roumanian” is used instead of “Romanian”

The entry for [name_f]Zorica[/name_f] lists it as a Latin name and a variation of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. But it’s actually a Croatian, Serbian and Macedonian name that originated as a diminutive for [name_f]Zora[/name_f], another name that means “dawn” but I don’t believe is related to [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]! It also has no description, maybe something could be added there! [name_u]Or[/name_u] the pronunciation could be included: it’s zo-ree-tsa. Oh, and I noticed some typos in the “Famous People” section. Some of the surnames include accents, while some don’t!

more specifically...

I googled the 2nd, 3rd and 4th individuals and their surnames are spelled Marković, Andrijašević and Kondža.

Finally, I was trying to use the advanced name search and I noticed this! There’s both an “Eastern European” and “East European” category which I found odd. I clicked on “East European” and only found one name there, [name_f]Jakolina[/name_f], so I can only assume there was a mistake by accident where someone meant to write its origin as Eastern European but wrote [name_u]East[/name_u] instead?

I did some research to see if I could figure out the name’s origin more specifically but there’s almost no information on it. Although I did see two or three social media profiles of ladies named [name_f]Jakolina[/name_f] and they had last names ending in -ić so I’d assume Serbian/Croatian? But take that with a grain of salt!

5 Likes