Database entries you’d like to see amended

The database entry for [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] has a couple of old dates/rankings that could be removed or updated.

”In fact, [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] recently displaced [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as the breakout Number 1 among girl names on Nameberry for the first half of 2013.”

I wouldn’t call 8 years ago “recent”!

“In [name_f]England[/name_f] and [name_m]Wales[/name_m], the stylish [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] is currently Number 42.”

I believe it’s currently #45?

“It’s the second most popular name on Nameberry.”

It’s actually #51 at the moment.

7 Likes

I don’t know if this is the right place to bring this up, but [name_u]Alma[/name_u] has a boy entry that’s completely empty.

2 Likes

i’m a little confused by this comment for scotland (g) in pop culture:

presumably edited in by someone back when that was doable ?

also not certain that a country is pop culture but i guess there’s nowhere better to mention that

11 Likes

I can’t edit these comments at the moment either, I’m afraid :confused:

2 Likes

Also [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] says that it is a misspelling of [name_f]Innogen[/name_f] by [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] (which is correct), but on the entry for [name_f]Innogen[/name_f] it says it is a variation of [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

1 Like

the entry for [name_u]Fionán[/name_u] is coded as male, but also looks like this:

1 Like

the entry for Alicja says it’s the Spanish variation of Alice, but according to three other websites, it is the Polish variant of Alice & is derived from the German names Adalheidis & Adelheid

sources

Meaning, origin and history of the name Alicja - Behind the Name
Pregnancy, Parenting, Lifestyle, Beauty: Tips & Advice | mom.com
Girl's name Alicja – Meaning, Origin & Popularity 2023

4 Likes

[name_f]Medha[/name_f] has a name page but there isn’t any information or meaning listed yet.

1 Like

Similar to what ellory mentioned, this is what comes up when you click on Noe

2 Likes

Spotted a little error in Fioralba’s entry – I’m guessing it’s supposed to say [name_f]Violet[/name_f] :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

When will we stop describing every ‘foreign’ thing as exotic? Asha doesn’t have exotic roots, it has Swahili and Sanskrit roots.

Despite its exotic roots, Asha is part of this group.

16 Likes

entirely agree!! it makes me so uncomfortable to see any name described as “exotic.” and I’ve only seen it happen with people describing names of non-European origin which makes it worse. many times it’s with names that are not unusual or uncommon in their geographic location of origin!

10 Likes

just saw that [name_u]Albie[/name_u] now is a unisex entry!

2 Likes

Screenshot 2021-09-04 2.23.35 PM

i just wanted to point out another misuse of the word ‘exotic.’

2 Likes

[name_f]Tamsyn[/name_f] is listed as [name_f]English[/name_f] but in the description of [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] it says “Tamsyn is the alternative medieval Cornish spelling.”

2 Likes

A silly little thing: [name_m]Giancarlo[/name_m] [name_m]Stanton[/name_m] is (as of 2021) a [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_u]York[/name_u] Yankee rather than a [name_f]Miami[/name_f] [name_u]Marlin[/name_u]. (Also, [name_m]Giancarlo[/name_m] Esposito is another famous [name_m]Giancarlo[/name_m]— one of those little tables with the celebrity names might work better than the current description?)

3 Likes

The part about [name_m]Giancarlo[/name_m] [name_m]Stanton[/name_m] going by [name_m]Mike[/name_m] at one point could interesting name trivia for that page too if desired

1 Like

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] has an outdated ranking mention, that the 2018 ranking is the highest it’s been since the 30s. It has indeed continued climbing and topped that record, as the post predicted

2 Likes

[name_u]Aleksi[/name_u] is linked as pink, but when you click on it, you have options to see the masc or femme page.

Thanks for spotting, changed :slight_smile:

1 Like