Database entries you’d like to see amended

Romy’s entry could possibly be updated to include that, in fact, it ranks #14 in [name_f]France[/name_f] currently and not #150

2 Likes

Well spotted - a lot can change in 10 years!! Changed.

3 Likes

444th post, and I’m pointing that out because I’m weird.

On the page for [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m], I think it would be cool if it said something along the lines of- “Commonly associated with the Twitch streamer & musician [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] Soot among the new generation.”

i noticed a couple of the masc french name entries described as “sexy,” and i don’t think that’s necessary to consider for picking the name of a child?

maybe change them to…

Luc

Luc is the more appealing Gallic cousin of Luke…

Sylvain

…somehow sounds more sophisticated than Sylvan

And then Florent’s entry might need to be amended:
perhaps…

The name Florent is a boy’s name of French origin meaning “flowering”.
A possible alternative to Florence, and a stunning masculine floral option.

i just really don’t think that the entire “florence is for girls only” part needs to be there?

11 Likes

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a little error/glitch, but Camille’s meaning is listed in the origin and meaning section and I don’t think it’s meant to be?

7 Likes

It might just be me but I think the description of [name_f]Edda[/name_f] is a bit odd. Especially with the popularity of [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and the way that [name_f]Ida[/name_f] is described, I don’t understand what’s “unappealing” about the sound of [name_f]Edda[/name_f].

10 Likes

I think the part on Perpetua’s name page that says “perpetually unwieldy” is a little unnecessary.

7 Likes

The description for [name_f]Ella[/name_f] includes popularity rankings that are now out of date.

“And her popularity isn’t limited to the US: [name_f]Ella[/name_f] is Number 4 in [name_u]Sweden[/name_u] and Number 6 in Australia.“

2 Likes

Prisca’s entry says [name_f]Prisca[/name_f] is a diminutive of [name_f]Prisca[/name_f]

5 Likes

Cosetta is listed as a french literary name, but it’s the also the italian variation of Cosette

3 Likes

Bringing this up again. Not sure who has the power to add this?

3 Likes

[name_m]Rodrigo[/name_m] is in the description. We can’t currently edit the “Famous People” section.

2 Likes

Thanks! I must have missed that somehow. :sweat_smile:

[name_f]Manon[/name_f] has some out of date popularity rankings. “[name_f]Manon[/name_f] is currently the fourth most popular name in [name_f]France[/name_f] and Number 9 in Belgium.”

Now it is 31 and 36.

3 Likes

https://nameberry.com/babyname/Ackerly,Ackley

Ummm… :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Dembe’s origin is listed as “African, Ugandan” but the description opens with “The name [name_m]Dembe[/name_m] is a boy’s name of Scandinavian origin”.

Also, the name Zoltan’s description cuts off mid-sentence with “But its main recommending feature is that it’s one of the”

4 Likes

[name_f]Halia[/name_f] has an incomplete sentence: “Halia is one of”

3 Likes

Olivia’s page says, “Olivia is currently the top name for baby girls in the US. It’s the undisputed queen of the only four girl names starting with O in the US Top 1000.” This is outdated, as there are now 10 (Olivia, [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], [name_f]Oaklynn[/name_f], [name_f]Octavia[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Oaklyn[/name_f], [name_u]Oaklee[/name_u], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], and Oakleigh).

7 Likes

I was going to ask if we add The Dragon [name_u]Prince[/name_u] to Janai’s pop culture section but I’m guessing you can’t edit the pop culture section either? I thought admins could edit anything :frowning_face_with_open_mouth: Are we ever going to be able to edit these sections in the future?

Yes, it is on the list to be opened up again. It was an unintended consequence of the latest update to the main site.