Dated names

What names do you love but feel is too dated?

Julie :slight_smile:

Vanessa or [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]

1 Like

Wendy, [name_f]Thelma[/name_f], [name_f]Irene[/name_f], [name_f]Candace[/name_f], [name_f]Joanne[/name_f], [name_f]Janet[/name_f], [name_m]Clarence[/name_m], [name_m]Ernest[/name_m], [name_m]Alvin[/name_m]… I could go on lol. I do hope to see these make a return eventually.

Anita
[name_f]Rita[/name_f]
[name_f]Loretta[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Heather[/name_f]

1 Like

Miriam and [name_u]Joan[/name_u]

Heather, [name_f]Judy[/name_f] & [name_f]Beverley[/name_f]

1 Like

Jill and [name_f]Carol[/name_f](e) come to mind first

I like [name_f]Belinda[/name_f], [name_f]Susan[/name_f] and [name_f]Gladys[/name_f] which I guess are quite dated but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t use them!

2 Likes

I am virtually certain that [name_f]Irene[/name_f] will make a comeback pretty soon. I have loved [name_f]Irene[/name_f] forever, so I have definitely noticed people mentioning it more.

3 Likes

Agatha :pleading_face:

1 Like

My dated loves are [name_f]Susan[/name_f], [name_f]Frida[/name_f], [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] and [name_f]Irene[/name_f] for girls. I think they will all be considered stylish soon except [name_f]Susan[/name_f]. For boys my whole list is mostly very dated in the US: [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m], [name_m]Bruce[/name_m], [name_m]Ross[/name_m], [name_u]Timothy[/name_u], [name_m]Clarence[/name_m].

1 Like

[name_m]Hershel[/name_m]! and [name_f]Helen[/name_f], too!

Beverly

Maybe [name_f]Judith[/name_f]

Veronica! (And so many nn options! [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u], [name_f]Vera[/name_f]…)

1 Like

There aren’t a lot, honestly, but the following do fit that category for me:

Jennifer
[name_f]Linda[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] (and all variations of [name_f]Susan[/name_f])
[name_f]Megan[/name_f]
[name_u]Allison[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] / [name_f]Robyn[/name_f]

1 Like

Pamela

It reminds me of [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] and [name_f]Paloma[/name_f], but unfortunately still very much a mum/mom name and not ready for revival.

Vanessa for sure.
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] ( slightly)
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Judith[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarice[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]

Vincent
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
[name_m]Ebenezer[/name_m]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]