Dean or Jack for second baby

Hello trying to decide a name for our second son. His older brothers name is [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m].

We are in between:

Dean [name_u]Francis[/name_u] LaRosa
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] LaRosa

My husbands name is [name_m]Dan[/name_m]/Daniel.

Your input is appreciated, thanks!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Jack[/name_m]!

3 Likes

I think I would go for [name_u]Dean[/name_u]! It sounds very handsome next to [name_m]Leo[/name_m]! I would avoid [name_m]Jack[/name_m], because when you mentioned you husband’s name, the first thing to come to mind was [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]'s beer.

1 Like

Both are solid names. Classic. You cant go wrong with either. If I had to pick…I would say [name_m]Jack[/name_m].

2 Likes

I love [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] for you! [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] sound great together.

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Ooh, [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] is darling! I love [name_m]Jack[/name_m] for his brother. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is a gorgeous combo. I think that [name_u]Dean[/name_u] is nice too & more interesting than [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. I do personally prefer [name_m]Jack[/name_m] though, & I wonder if [name_u]Dean[/name_u] & [name_m]Dan[/name_m] would be confusing as a father/son duo.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the feedback! Everyone basically called out my two things. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] being too popular and [name_u]Dean[/name_u] being too close to my husbands name of [name_m]Dan[/name_m]. A part of me does like that [name_u]Dean[/name_u] is similar to [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] so that both boys would be named after their dad in some way!

1 Like

Dean [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is so charming

1 Like

Thank you I think so too!

Jack is fabulous and sounds perfect with [name_m]Leo[/name_m].

Dean and [name_m]Dan[/name_m] are too close for father/son for me.

3 Likes

I love Jack. I think Dean and Dan are a bit too similar. Coming from someone whose name gets misspelled quite often (FN unusual and often misspelled, LN common and often misspelled), especially on my mail and documents (even from companies/government who have my name), that would be easy to get wrong.

1 Like

This is too funny because I commented on the other thread that I also have a [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. Well I also have a [name_m]Jack[/name_m]! It is really a great combo. [name_u]Dean[/name_u] was on my list as well and I also love that name. We definitely know more [name_m]Jack[/name_m]’s than [name_m]Leo[/name_m]’s so if you are worried about popularity [name_u]Dean[/name_u] might be a better choice. ([name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s name starts with a J so I had a similar hesitation about [name_m]Jack[/name_m] but it has not been an issue whatsoever). Good luck! [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t go wrong!

1 Like

Leo & [name_m]Jack[/name_m] sound great together! I’m not sure about [name_u]Dean[/name_u] with [name_m]Dan[/name_m], could get confusing. [name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes for [name_m]Jack[/name_m].

2 Likes

I also immediately thought of [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]’s and I think [name_u]Dean[/name_u] goes much better with [name_m]Leo[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought, too!

I think [name_u]Dean[/name_u] is a strong name, and it’s pretty unexpected these days, too.

2 Likes

I really love the name [name_u]Dean[/name_u]! It used to be on my list until DH pointed out that he has a close cousin named [name_u]Dean[/name_u], so we decided not to use it. It’s an adorable yet sophisticated name. [name_u]Dean[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] sound like a great sib set, although I do think [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] feel like a great vintage pair.

1 Like

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] would typically be my preference of these two, but I’m actually really liking [name_u]Dean[/name_u] for you! Really both would be a great brother to [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. As for [name_u]Dean[/name_u] and [name_m]Dan[/name_m]/Daniel - I grew up with a dad and brother named [name_m]Tim[/name_m] and [name_m]Tom[/name_m] and we didn’t have trouble with confusion so I wouldn’t let that hold me back, especially if you like the idea of having that as an honor. But regardless, you can’t go wrong if you choose [name_u]Dean[/name_u] or [name_m]Jack[/name_m] - so cute! :smile:

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Dean[/name_u], not only is it more unique, but it also flows better! [name_u]Dean[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] have a short, kinda modern (more so [name_m]Leo[/name_m]), but actually rather classic vibe whereas [name_m]Jack[/name_m] seems more like an old-timey British name.

1 Like

I like both but [name_m]Jack[/name_m] wins out for me. It sounds great next to [name_m]Leo[/name_m]!

2 Likes

Haha wow so funny! Really love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] together. And thanks for the input with the 2 J letter names that helps a lot!

1 Like