Deceased family members that where ahead of the times?

My great grandfather was named [name]Cruz[/name] Martinez. He was an orphan from Spain. He was sent to Mexico where he was adopted. His adoptive parents thought [name]Cruz[/name] suited him. So thats what they named him. It later turned into our family surname. It’s actually a much longer story. But I’ll keep it short. Does anyone else have a story like this? Maybe a great grandmother named [name]Lyric[/name] or [name]Genesis[/name]?

my great grandmother’s grandma (what would that be…great great great great? grandmother) was named electra. all the rest are dorothy, shirley, barbara, helen, william, peter, gene and john’s.

I had a distant cousin (or aunt) named [name]America[/name] who went by [name]Amy[/name].
Also, I had a cousin named [name]Christina[/name]. Her father was [name]Peppy[/name] (my family is mostly Spanish). She wanted to take the female version of her father’s name for her confirmation name, but there wasn’t any actual equivalent. That didn’t stop her though, so she took the name [name]Christina[/name] Peppitina. I always thought that was funny :slight_smile:

My great-grandmother’s name was [name]Violet[/name] [name]Mae[/name]. Definitly a name coming back around!

I had some ancestors from [name]Devon[/name], and they were called [name]Ambrose[/name] and [name]Pascoe[/name] [name]Fairchild[/name]. I think these are very cool. I also had a great-great grandfather who was a civil engineer (we have a very ancient photo of him, printed on glass) called [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] [name]Smith[/name].

Wow. That is pretty cool. And way ahead of her time. I wonder how
life was for her with that name…

I love the name [name]America[/name]. I had a cousin who named her daughter Rogelia after her father [name]Rogelio[/name]. She pretty much just named her daughter Rogerina or Rogera. But yes. Peppitina is kinda funny.

[name]Violet[/name] is one of my favorites. I’m actually considering it for my daughter.

I like [name]Ambrose[/name] very much. I used to have a crush on a boy named [name]Ambrose[/name] when I was a child. Same reason I like [name]August[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], and [name]Jeremiah[/name]. I obviously had many crushes.
I like [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]. It’s very charming.