Deciding between two names!

My husband and I were originally set on [name]Madeline[/name] as a first name, but we’re having a hard time with the middle name ( I wanted to honor my mother, [name]Josephine[/name], but am afraid [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is a mouthful). We think we’ve eliminated our choices to [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Jean[/name] or [name]Avery[/name] [name]Daniella[/name] (my dad is [name]Daniel[/name]). We’re so torn between the two!

While I agree that [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is a lot of name, I don’t think it’s too much. First of all, [name]Josephine[/name][/name] won’t get used much- schoolmates, teachers, colleagues, etc. would just call her [name]Madeline[/name] or a nickname. I don’t know anyone who gets called by their first and middle name. So even if it’s long, it’s not really a problem.

Since I dislike [name]Avery[/name], though, I would pick [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Jean[/name] out of your combos.

I love the sound of [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Jean[/name]! It has a great ruthless to it. I am a huge fan of [name]Avery[/name] but in my area it is extremely popular.

I dislike [name]Avery[/name] so I’d go with [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Jean[/name], although I definitely agree with @bonfireazalea that [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] isn’t too much and is a lovely name.

I love [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Jean[/name] but I also agree with both bonfireazalea and leonlelee. Though [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] may seem like quite a mouthful when said together, you have to take into consideration that hardly anyone is going to be calling her by her full name. If it has a lot of meaning to you, I think you should just go for it. Though if you’re still concerned with length what about [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Jo[/name], [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Joss[/name], or [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Josie[/name]?

i agree to use [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] if it is meaningful - as people said it isn’t used together much and [name]Josephine[/name] is so much prettier than [name]Jean[/name] [name]IMO[/name] and on top of that if it is meaningful… i really like [name]Madeline[/name] but am not a big fan of unisex names.

Well I like both and I will be the one to say I love [name]Avery[/name] for a girl it very pretty and I love that it honors your dad

I’d suggest [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Daniella[/name].

I like [name]Madeline[/name], and instead of [name]Josephine[/name], you could always call her [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Jo[/name], so it still honors your mother in some way. :slight_smile: Good luck!

[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is perfect as is.

[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Jean[/name] gets my vote

I like [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Avery[/name] [name]Daniella[/name] - I love that you plan on honoring your parents with your daughters name. I also like [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Avery[/name].

[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Jean[/name] for me. [name]Do[/name] you say [name]Madeline[/name] as mad-eh-line or mad-eh-lyn?