Decision Time!

Hello hello! I am driving my husband up the friggin’ wall because I am SO wishy washy about names. Usually we decide and that’s that but for some reason (probably because it’s my first girl and LAST baby ever) I cannot decide! I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] all three of these names and so does my husband so we can’t go wrong but it does need to be settled.

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], and [name_u]Everly[/name_u]

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]: Our [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] combo is either [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f], we love both and that’s not a huge deal to leave undecided until birth. [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] we find spunky and classy. It’s familiar but not too popular despite popularity not really a key factor in our decision. We just like the name and its an old trusty favorite.

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]: I just became familiar with this name and have never met someone with it! It’s soft and pretty and reminds me of a ballerina HA! I just love it. We have considered [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] but we CANNOT seem to say it. It comes out “Elodith” LOL! So we’d probably go with something else we can figure out at a later date.

[name_u]Everly[/name_u]: We considered [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] for about 5 minutes during a hormonal fit of nostalgia. In that time googling things about the name, [name_u]Everly[/name_u] and [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f] kept coming up which I had also never heard of! I love it :slight_smile: It does not have the nicest meaning but that doesn’t bother us at all! [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] also ends up becoming Everlith, LOL not sure what our problem is! [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] is our favorite combo but that is definitely up for discussion.

ANYWAY, What do you think? What is your favorite? Popularity or “trendiness” is not a concern for us. What goes best with our boys names (in my signature)? Anything you’re willing to offer I appreciate!

They are all lovely and fit well with your boys! My favourite is [name_u]Everly[/name_u]. [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] & [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] are nice but I just like the set of [name_u]Camden[/name_u], [name_m]Nash[/name_m], [name_m]Bryson[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] & [name_u]Everly[/name_u]. I would prefer [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] to [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] though. All your boys have gorgeous names, I have to add!

I really like the name [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]! I think you hit it right on the head: it’s spunky, familiar, not too common, and classic! And it comes with cute nicknames like Mer and [name_f]Meri[/name_f] if you wanted to use them! (But I wouldn’t. the name [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] just reminds me of mermaids and smiles!)

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u] are both precious, too, so you can’t really go wrong. Best of luck!!

I love [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]. Could you transfer [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_f]Joy[/name_f] as middles for an [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]? I think those would work well

I like [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] the best, but I think [name_u]Everly[/name_u] suits your boys names better than [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]. [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] is a beautiful name!

I actually really like [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], but I think [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] would sound just as lovely with another middle name. It also fits in nicely with her brothers! I have an irrational, inexplicable dislike of [name_u]Everly[/name_u] for some reason.

My personal favorite in your sibset would be [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]. Either [name_f]Joy[/name_f] or [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is lovely as a middle name, and it sounds like it’s the name you’ve loved the longest, which gives it more cred in my book.

That said, [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u] are still nice options.

I vote [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]. It is familiar but still interesting. I also like [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], but am finding [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u] a bit tongue-twisting next to [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] (especially [name_u]Everly[/name_u], and I don’t like it as much). [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] also works well in a family of boys since it’s not super girly. Although I agree [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] sounds like a ballerina if you think she will end up a little princess.

I like the name [name_f]Elodie[/name_f].

I don’t really like the name [name_u]Everly[/name_u] anymore, at first it was cute, then everyone latched onto the ley/lee/lie/ly craze so now I find myself annoyed when I hear it.

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u] is cute too, but I guess I’m just not that into the name [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]. I don’t know why, I have never actually met a [name_u]Meredith[/name_u].

So I think [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] is the way to go. It’s cute and light and I think of a nice, kind, and radiant girl when I think of the name [name_f]Elodie[/name_f].

I’m torn between [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_u]Everly[/name_u] is just not my style and I agree with pp that [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u] are quite similar in sounds. Especially as you are likely to say [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u] together.

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]~ definitely has the sound you are looking for and is perfect with her brothers, feminine without being too flouncy and both middle options are lovely with [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]. My favourite is [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] (I love [name_f]Joy[/name_f] as a middle).

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]~ I really like [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] but for some strange reason I always think of [name_f]Melody[/name_f] when I hear it. For your only daughter in a team of boys I think it is a lovely girly choice and it also sounds beautiful with [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Joy[/name_f], although [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is my favourite combination. You could also have [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f] if you don’t mind 2 E’s together?

Either way your options are all lovely. Good luck deciding!

[name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] is so beautiful and fit perfectly with your boys. If not, I like [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]

[name_u]Everly[/name_u] is the best fit with your boys.

[name_u]Everly[/name_u] is my favorite. I think [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] is truly sweet! :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and I think it pairs beautifully with [name_f]Claire[/name_f] - I’m not sure if you’ve considered that as an option…?
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is on my list for my daughter due this [name_u]August[/name_u] (that’s how much I love it!!) but I switched to [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] after I fell in love with the meaning of [name_f]Iris[/name_f] (rainbow). I still might use [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] if it suits her better once she’s born, so haven’t totally done away with it. I think it’s beautiful!! (I have a son named [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], too! Very close to your [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Eli[/name_m]!)

I also think [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] sounds awesome with the names of your other children. Although I did notice that it’s traditionally a masculine name and given that you’re only having one girl, you might want to go with something that is really feminine - but that’s up to you, of course!

In short, I think [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] or [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] are the best options.

Good luck deciding! I’m sure you’ll make the best choice for her.

Thanks everyone!! We are going to go ahead and cut [name_u]Everly[/name_u] from the list because it DOES become tongue twistery with [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. I still adore the name but I think she needs a distinct name of her own :slight_smile:

We are still not sure between [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and will likely test them out over the next few weeks before we officially choose. I appreciate all of the replies and opinions you gave!! :slight_smile:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]

I saw your post about cutting [name_u]Everly[/name_u] and think you made a good choice. While it’s a lovely name, it’s worth giving your little girl her own distinct name!

So [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] vs. [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]. You cannot go wrong. Whichever you pick will be a good choice. It might even be nice to ask your boys what they think - some people like to do that, especially since there are a few years between this baby and the last.

I like either [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. I just prefer [name_f]Claire[/name_f] to [name_f]Joy[/name_f] or [name_u]Lane[/name_u]. I do find [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] or [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] a bit of a mouthful.

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u] - I have a friend named [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], and there’s [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] from [name_u]Grey[/name_u]'s Anatomy - which I think is a great association!!! I think it’s a strong and feminine name and if you’re thinking she’s going to be a tough girl - playing street hockey with her brothers, then I feel like this is the way to go.

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] - Feels much girlier, I don’t know anyone named [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]. I do think of her more being a girly girl, not the little sister playing street hockey, but rather the sister who makes her big brothers play dress up with her.

That said, either name could go either way. [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] becomes girlier by the nn [name_f]Meri[/name_f], and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] becomes more of a tomboy with the nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f].

I think both names go well with your older boys, so really it’s just whatever you prefer.

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_u]Clare[/name_u]!!!

I think [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] is lovely, and I think [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] would make a lovely combo. However, if you can’t say it without getting tongue-tied, that’s no good, so with that in mind I think [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] would be lovely for you.

Have you considered giving your girl two middles, because I think [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] makes for a very nice combo, and cuts down some of the tongue-twisteriness?

My favourite is [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]. Both [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] joy are lovely.

If your surname is in your username I prefer [name_u]Meredith[/name_u].