Decision Time!

Based on your surname, I would go with Meredith Joy, I think Claire would clash with the C in your last name. I’m glad you cut Everly, it was too much with Oliver, and with your surname, it reminded me of Beverly Cleary. I’m a fan of her books, but not her name. Plus, as a child, your daughter would probably read the Ramona and Beezus books in school, and there’s very slight, but still real teasing possibilities (I was bullied in school, so I have a tendency to over-analyze every name I suggest for bullying possibilities). Elodie is nice, but it ends with the same sound as your surname, and to me it just doesn’t flow as well. Also, as the only girl, your daughter has to be able to hold her own, and Meredith is a strong name, not too frilly, with great nn potential. Mer, Merry, even Edie.

I adore the name [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]! I don’t think you can go wrong with either choice but [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] is such a beautiful option.

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] is beautiful and lyrical, that’s the one which would get my vote. However, as it’s 3 syllables it will invariably get shortened by friends when she goes to school, probably to [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], so you would have to be ok with that.

Not a fan of [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] for some reason or the nickname Mere which sounds unfinished to me and too much like mare (as in a horse).

Much prefer [name_u]Everly[/name_u] over [name_f]Beverly[/name_f].

Good luck!

I think [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] would be beautiful. [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] (imo) reminds me of someone who is a grandmother and I’ve never been a fan of babies with “old” names

All names are great. [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] just doesn’t excite me maybe I have just heard it too much for too long, on the upside it is classic. [name_f]Every[/name_f] I feel is trendy and will date her as a baby for the 2010-2010 period. [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] has all the appeal of [name_u]Everly[/name_u] and seems classier. Good luck I have 5 too!

Personally I prefer [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], but I think [name_u]Everly[/name_u] goes best with your boy names. It is extremely trendy, but since you stated that is not a concern, I’d go with that one. I’d use [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] (I’d probably also call her [name_u]Ever[/name_u].)