Declan, Dillon/Dylan, Emmett

We had picked out [name]Declan[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] for our son, but now that he’s here, we find that we don’t call him by his name much. It’s possible that this is because we had been calling him “[name]Junior[/name]” for 9 months and need to get out of that headspace. Or could it be that [name]Declan[/name] isn’t his name? (well, according to a lot of people, they think his name is “d’Klan” for some reason - which isn’t helping things).

The only other names on our list that might work are [name]Dillon[/name], or [name]Emmett[/name] - with [name]Dillon[/name] being the more likely of the two. Unfortunately, [name]Dylan[/name] reeks of the 90’s to me (changing the spelling won’t change that). Plus, it seems to be becoming trendy to name girls [name]Dylan[/name].

So - [name]Declan[/name]? Or [name]Dillon[/name]? Thoughts??
Help?

I would say you just aren’t in the habbit of calling him by his name. I like [name]Declan[/name] :slight_smile: It’s very unique. I definitely wouldn’t change it especially if it is the name you love most!

I have a [name]Declan[/name] so of course I love it…we used to get the d’Klan pronounciation as well but now that he is in school people are getting used to prounancing his name correctly.
I think it is such a strong name and we get alot of compliments on his name. So, I think you should give it a try and start using his name, you will love it. Alot of his buddies call him “Dec” which is cute as well.
I know several [name]Declan[/name]'s and they are awesome boys.
[name]Kelly[/name]

I really like [name]Declan[/name], too! :slight_smile:

I do like [name]Emmett[/name], but with [name]Emma[/name] being the #1 name for girls and [name]Emily[/name] at #4 (having been #1 for seemingly ever), there’s a lot of Ems in the world. I really do like, [name]Emmett[/name], though.

Between [name]Emmett[/name] and [name]Dillon[/name], though, I’ll vote for [name]Emmett[/name], but I love [name]Declan[/name] the most. :slight_smile:

I also thought I’d suggest [name]Everett[/name].

(I don’t know if it’s an option, but I really love his middle name, [name]Oliver[/name], and am wondering if you’ve considered it as his first name.)

Good luck!

I like [name]Dillon[/name] also but I’d give [name]Declan[/name] a bit longer to get used to first.

I too like [name]Declan[/name]…did think about the “Klan” in there when considering it, but assumed I was overthinking it.

Does your son not seem like a [name]Declan[/name] to you? Does he seem more like an [name]Oliver[/name] (his mn)? I think if you start calling him [name]Declan[/name] it might seem more and more like it suits him. And then too the people around you will know how it’s said.