delaney gray?

hi berries!

i took a long break from here when i lost twins at the end of my 1st trimester, but now that we are TTC again i need something to keep my mind occupied during the long 2 week wait until testing time :slight_smile:

we have a 2 1/2 yr old son, beckett reed. i love his name so much and want to find another name i love equally for baby #2 (whenever that happens!) we had a few names picked out for the twins we lost, but i feel like i can’t use them if we get pg again. we loved maisie, isla, callum and oliver.

anyways…what do you think of delaney gray with big brother beckett reed? middle names are family names. DH thinks gray is too masculine with delaney…what do you all think? any boy names you feel go well with beckett? we seem to like surnames and british-inspired names best.

Is this for a boy or a girl?? I can’t say I’m a fan for either…

With big brother [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Reed[/name], I think it is hard to determine the gender of [name]Delaney[/name]. I like [name]Delaney[/name] for a girl but I think you need a more obviously feminine middle. But I think [name]Delaney[/name] for a girl isn’t as girly as your previous favorites [name]Maisie[/name] and [name]Isla[/name]. Maybe [name]Della[/name] [name]Gray[/name] or [name]Delia[/name] [name]Gray[/name]? For a boy, I don’t really like [name]Delaney[/name] and it doesn’t seem as strong as [name]Beckett[/name] to me. [name]How[/name] about [name]Cormac[/name] [name]Gray[/name] (I love nn [name]Mac[/name]!), [name]Donovan[/name] [name]Gray[/name], [name]Campbell[/name] [name]Gray[/name].

Good luck!

girl

i love the nn mac too…which coincidentally are my DH’s and [name]MIL[/name]'s initials ([name]MAC[/name]). for a boy i was really liking milo alastair (ln, chancellor) to get the [name]MAC[/name] initials/nn in the next generation too. but does milo “go” with beckett? i thought they were too different…

I don’t think [name]Milo[/name] is too different from [name]Beckett[/name] and I think it’s cool that you’re passing on a subtle name tradition. :slight_smile:
I like [name]Delaney[/name] but I think you should have a more feminine middle name just because [name]Delaney[/name] is a unisex name and so is [name]Gray[/name].
Good luck!

anyways…what do you think of delaney gray with big brother beckett reed? middle names are family names. DH thinks gray is too masculine with delaney…what do you all think?

I really like this pair. I frequently have trouble matching styles across genders, and I thus rarely see mixed-gender sets that jump out at me. This one does, and I’m not sure why.

Next to [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Reed[/name], I’d be slightly surprised if [name]Delaney[/name] [name]Gray[/name] were also a boy.

i felt the same way triplicate. for some reason that pair just jumps out at me. i’ve always loved delaney (nn laney)…DH is just now getting on board with it.

I love [name]Milo[/name] with [name]Beckett[/name], I don’t see them as not matching at all.

[name]Delaney[/name] is very obviously a girl name to me. Yes, it is a surname, but I have NEVER heard of a male [name]Delaney[/name] and if there were some, I highly doubt they are young. [name]Delaney[/name] [name]Gray[/name] sounds perfect with [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Reed[/name], and you should definitely use [name]Gray[/name] since it is a family name. The combination is perfectly feminine to me (I even know a little girl who is named [name]Gray[/name] for her mom’s maiden).

Opening this thread, I assumed [name]Delaney[/name] [name]Gray[/name] was a girl, if that tells you anything.

I like it, but wonder how you are pronouncing it – dah-[name]LANE[/name]-ee (I assume) or the possible [name]DELL[/name]-ah-ney?

I think it works with [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Reed[/name]. I like the whole thing. I don’t think you need a more feminine mn, but one would work with [name]Delaney[/name] if you wanted to go there. I like [name]Gray[/name] in the middle, and I like it on a girl.

I think you’re good to go, but that is just me.

Normally I would assume [name]Delaney[/name] is a girl, but with [name]Gray[/name] added I wasn’t sure. I’d say that your husband is right and you should use a more feminine middle with [name]Delaney[/name].

[name]Delaney[/name] [name]Gray[/name] is a fine pairing for brother [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Reed[/name]. Since both middle names are family names, I would use [name]Gray[/name] too! You wouldn’t want your daughter to feel left out! As far as choosing a more feminine middle name, most people aren’t addressed with both names so I don’t think it would matter much. Good luck!

When I opened the post, I figured [name]Delaney[/name] [name]Gray[/name] was for a girl, but for some reason after I read your post I wasn’t sure any more. It has a rather nice sound, but perhaps a more feminine middle would make it more clear.

I think that you should go with [name]Lainey[/name]/[name]Laney[/name] rather than [name]Delaney[/name] as the first name. My main reason for suggesting this is that though there is nothing wrong with the name [name]Delaney[/name] for a girl she’ll probably end up going by the name [name]Lainey[/name]. I think [name]Gray[/name] goes with both names (lainey/delaney) nicely.

[name]Love[/name] this for both a boy or a girl!

[name]Delaney[/name] is clrearly feminine in my mind. I think the combo [name]Delaney[/name] [name]Gray[/name] goes really well with [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Reed[/name]. You could also go with [name]Delaney[/name] [name]Grace[/name] to help soften it a bit.

This name is so cute!

I think [name]Beckett[/name] is a really cool name! And it’s ok to spell.
But poor [name]Delaney[/name] will maybe have it a bit harder, cause here in Europe that name isn’t really known, so they won’t know if she is a he or she, and the spelling will maybe be a bit of a trouble…I don’t mean to step on any toes! [name]Just[/name] want to let you know.
I like the name [name]Delaney[/name], don’t know how to pronounce it, but it seems nice :slight_smile: