delete pls

WE went back to the doctor tody and were told that we

Names we both agree on
Tippi
[name]Indie[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]- but this is common in my area and seems too long w kids names
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Sapphira[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]- only mn
Tigerlily- only mn

Names I like DH doesn’t
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Holiday[/name]
[name]Peridot[/name]
moon-mn
[name]Plum[/name]-mn
[name]Anais[/name]

any suggestions or combos?

Thanx

[name]HI[/name] there! Very exciting news finding out you’re having a baby girl, congrats!

[name]Lila[/name] and Miro are great names, short and sweet yet spunky.

• I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Indie[/name] for you. I adore the name, and works well for you as it has that strong “I/Ee” sound found both in [name]Lila[/name] and Miro.
  • I would shy away from using [name]Cleo[/name], as much as i hate saying that since i love the name. However, to me, [name]Cleo[/name] seems like a mixture of [name]Lila[/name] and Miro - creating a tongue twister when saying all three names together ([name]Lila[/name], Miro, [name]Cleo[/name]).
  • I also really see [name]Esme[/name] working for you. I think that since the names you like are so short, each syllable is really important. Which means I think that you should have different ending for each child (maybe thats another reason why i dont think [name]Cleo[/name] works for you, and [name]Indie[/name] does)
  • Agree that [name]Clementine[/name] is too long for you. What about [name]Emme[/name] though, a nn commonly used for [name]Clementine[/name] that is short and spunky. It could be a little too common though. [name]Lila[/name], Miro and [name]Emme[/name] do work well together though.
  • Instead of [name]Juniper[/name], would you ever consider using [name]Juni[/name]? or [name]Juno[/name]? I love the playfullness of [name]Juniper[/name], but the 3 syllables is throwing me off. I prefer [name]Juni[/name]/[name]Junie[/name] to [name]Juno[/name], as it doesnt have the movie connotations, and [name]Lila[/name], Miro and [name]Juni[/name] are really cute together!
  • [name]Love[/name] Tigerlily as a middle name, but maybe not with a daughter already named [name]Lila[/name].

[name]How[/name] about these combos:
[name]Indie[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Indie[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] - 2nd favorite!
[name]India[/name] [name]Plum[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] Tigerlily
[name]Emme[/name] [name]Zinnia[/name] - 3rd favorite!
[name]Emme[/name] [name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Juni[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] - [name]Favorite[/name]!
[name]Juni[/name] [name]Cleopatra[/name]

Let me know what you think!

Asophia, Thank you so much for your input. I totally see what you are saying about [name]Cleo[/name] and agree. In a perfect world I would rather none of my kids names start or end with the same letter. For that same reason I threw out [name]Juno[/name], a very cute name. I also agree that [name]Esme[/name], although common in my area, works well. BUT DH says the name is awkward and seems unfinished. I know this sounds weird but I love the P sound in [name]Juniper[/name] and that P sound is missing in [name]Juni[/name]. [name]Emme[/name] is very very cute but I feel a little burned out on the [name]EM[/name] sounds and have steered clear of favorites like [name]Noemi[/name] because of that sound. [name]Cleo[/name] is pretty much off the list. The top 2 are Tippi and [name]Indie[/name], I am glad you like [name]Indie[/name]. I am not so worried about Tigerlily and [name]Lila[/name] more worried about having two e/y sounds. Tippi Tigerlily and [name]Indie[/name] Tigerlily do not sound good together.

Tippi: I adore this name, It works very well with your other kid’s names
[name]Cleo[/name]/[name]Clio[/name]: I can’t get over the cat from Pinocchio! But if you do it I like [name]Cleo[/name] best.
[name]Indie[/name]: I only think of [name]Indiana[/name] [name]Jones[/name], which is more masculine sounding for me. If you are 30% boy consider this name for him :slight_smile:
[name]Clementine[/name]- I am shocked this is “common” anywhere! It is a great name and works with your other kids names too.
[name]Juniper[/name]: I can’t get behind this one, I like [name]June[/name], but [name]Juniper[/name] just seems a bit awkward to me.
[name]Faye[/name]- only mn=Makes a lovely MN
Tigerlily- only mn- I am torn about this one. I like the peter pan reference but my feeling is that it only works well with a more classic FN like [name]Catherine[/name] Tigerlilly.

My absolute favourite on your list is [name]Cleo[/name]! It’s awesome but maybe a bit rhymey with Miro? I also really love [name]Indie[/name] and have for a while.

Others you may like:

[name]Romy[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Anja[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Ffion[/name]
[name]Oona[/name]
[name]Orla[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Sanaa[/name] (means art!)
[name]Anais[/name]
[name]Rhea[/name]
[name]Taya[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Mali[/name]
[name]Yara[/name]
[name]Milla[/name]
[name]Nya[/name]
[name]Xanthe[/name]
[name]Anwen[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Maira[/name]
[name]Marni[/name]
[name]Mona[/name]
[name]Nona[/name]
Soha
[name]Liv[/name]
[name]Rana[/name]
[name]Ailsa[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Etta[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Eira[/name]
[name]Anouk[/name]
[name]Ama[/name]
[name]Sarai[/name]
[name]Bria[/name]
[name]Monet[/name]
[name]Tula[/name]
[name]Cyan[/name]

By the way, I absolutely love [name]Lila[/name] pronounced the way your daughter’s name is pronounced! It’s high on my own list :slight_smile: So pretty.

Best of luck!

[name]How[/name] exciting to (mostly) know the sex of the baby, congrats! I will stick to the names you both agree on because it’s a great list… oh yeah, and because it would be nice if YH likes the name too!

Tippi-- this really is very cute, but I just don’t know if it’s as pretty as [name]Lila[/name]. It has such energy, though!
[name]Cleo[/name]/[name]Clio[/name]-- I agree with pps about this one
[name]Indie[/name]-- so cool! I think it’s feminine enough, and fantastic with [name]Lila[/name] and Miro.
[name]Clementine[/name]-- it does seem a bit long with the others, but not overly so. does its popularity in your area bother you?
[name]Juniper[/name]-- love it! but it is also 3 syllables like [name]Clementine[/name]… I think [name]Lila[/name], Miro, and [name]Juniper[/name] is great, though!
Tigerlily- only mn

[name]How[/name] about:
Tippi [name]Clementine[/name]
Tippi [name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Indie[/name] [name]Faye[/name]**
[name]Indie[/name] [name]Juniper[/name]*
[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Faye[/name]**

Good luck :slight_smile:

[name]Lilah[/name] and Miro are a great sibset pair so I’m sure you’ll find another great name. Here are some short name suggestions for you to consider.
[name]Crimson[/name]
[name]Garnet[/name]
[name]Journey[/name]
[name]Gala[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Sonnet[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name]
[name]Shasta[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Topaz[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Bronte[/name]
[name]Season[/name]
[name]Pippa[/name] / [name]Piper[/name]
Solace
[name]Carmen[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Circe[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Summer[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Romy[/name]
[name]Grier[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Sela[/name]
[name]Comfort[/name]
[name]Galilee[/name]
[name]Jewel[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Mercy[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Thyme[/name]
[name]Zola[/name]
[name]Haidee[/name]
[name]Anya[/name]
Thais
[name]Vita[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Justine[/name]
[name]Inez[/name]
[name]Frida[/name]
[name]Sabra[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]

Thank you all for your responses and suggestions! If it turns out that 30% its a boy the top two names are [name]Django[/name] and [name]Tennessee[/name].

Missyby- I am so glad that SOMEONE likes Tippi! I agree I think TIgerlily would be better with a more common first name. My DH is really pushing [name]Indie[/name] for a boy but I grew up with a female [name]Indiana[/name] and [name]India[/name] so the name is all girl to me. [name]Clementine[/name] is not super common but there are 2 in my daughters school and 1 [name]Clementina[/name]. Once someone I know has used the name it seems less special to me

Ijanderl, Great list [name]Esme[/name] is on my list DH hates. [name]Anais[/name] is a possible mn I love it and its a family name. Other names on your list like [name]Etta[/name] and [name]Wren[/name] DH has axed.

Hoodie, I am excited to mostly know the sex although I am trying not to get to excited in case 2 little balls come out in a week. I can see what you are saying about Tippi not being as pretty of name as [name]Lila[/name]. Tippi does sound more tomboy than frilly [name]Lila[/name]. Yes, the popularity of names bothers me. I have a very unusual name and my DH is [name]Erik[/name] which is soooo common. [name]Love[/name] Tippi [name]Clementine[/name]. [name]Indie[/name] also has a little tomboy feel to Dont u think?

[name]Mischa[/name]- What a wonderful list! Most of these names I cant use as friends have already used them such names are [name]Clover[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Sequoia[/name], [name]Petra[/name] and [name]Lark[/name]. I love [name]Jewel[/name], [name]Saffron[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Mercy[/name] and [name]Olive[/name] but DH said no.

Congrats! [name]Esme[/name], [name]Alba[/name], and [name]Indie[/name] seem like the best picks off your list. I could see anyone of them going with [name]Lila[/name] and Miro.
Others:
[name]Vida[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]- maybe too common?
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Gia[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Aster[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Meryl[/name],

[name]Just[/name] wanted to say that I love your choice of [name]Django[/name] in case it’s a boy! It’s one of DH’s favorites, and I’m a little sad that I’m not quite gutsy enough to use it :wink:

I see what you mean about [name]Indie[/name] also being somewhat tomboy-ish, but for some reason it seems a little softer to me than Tippi, and more similar to [name]Lila[/name]. Maybe it’s the initial vowel sound, or the softer consonants, but I think [name]Indie[/name] does seem a bit more feminine. It sounds you’re liking Tippi the most, though. It is so spunky and fun, and I don’t think it would be out of place in your set. :slight_smile:

Tippi – This is really cute, even if it does remind me a little bit of ‘tipsy’. It’s really darling and spunky. ^^
[name]Cleo[/name]/[name]Clio[/name] – I love, love, love [name]Clio[/name]. I think it’s unique with all of the '[name]Cleo[/name]‘s’, and it has a sweet yet sharp sound and feel.
[name]Indie[/name] – I actually really adore this! It feels so spunky and rather fresh after all, and it does fit in quite well with your other children’s names.
[name]Clementine[/name] – [name]Clementine[/name] is really, really sweet. It does seem a little too long paired with your other kid’s names, but you could always call her a multitude of things: [name]Clemmie[/name], [name]Clem[/name], [name]Clement[/name], [name]Cleo[/name], etc.
[name]Juniper[/name] – I like [name]Juniper[/name] a lot. I think it’s really cute and spunky. A little [name]Juni[/name] or [name]June[/name] for the nickname would be really cute, too.
[name]Faye[/name] – I do really love [name]Faye[/name], whether or not it’s in the MN spot or the FN.
Tigerlily – Actually really cute for a MN!

Off of your list, I like:
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Holiday[/name] (maybe because of [name]Billie[/name] [name]Holiday[/name]?)
[name]Moon[/name]
[name]Plum[/name]
[name]Alba[/name]

So pretty much all of it. It’s a shame your husband isn’t feeling these… maybe you two could make a deal, mix sort of?

Here are some combos:

[name]Zinnia[/name] [name]Moon[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Clio[/name]/ [name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Alba[/name] Tigerlily
[name]Indie[/name] [name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Indie[/name] [name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Imelda[/name] [name]Plum[/name] (it kind of feels like [name]Indie[/name] to me.)
[name]Zinnia[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Holiday[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Saffron[/name]

I also really like, from others lists:
[name]Indie[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Indie[/name] [name]Plum[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] Tigerlily
[name]Juni[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
Tippi [name]Juniper[/name]
Tippi [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Indie[/name] [name]Juniper[/name].

As for suggestions:

Zor(y)a
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Annie[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
Beatte
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Opaline[/name] (and then you could opt for [name]Opal[/name] as a nn? xD)
[name]Hera[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Emilie[/name]
[name]Josie[/name]
[name]Rona[/name]
[name]Elke[/name]
[name]Reina[/name]
[name]Ursa[/name] (like [name]Ursa[/name] [name]Major[/name], [name]Ursa[/name] [name]Minor[/name]… it’d be cute, but I don’t know if it’s usable. :o )
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]/ [name]May[/name] (it’d be super cute as a fn.)
[name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Kitty[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]/h
[name]Grey[/name]/ [name]Gray[/name]
Lupin/ Lupine
[name]Renata[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name]
[name]Theo[/name].

two other Angels [name]Lila[/name] (leelah) G and Mir” (mih-row) B. I would love some input on my girls names. I like unusual names, mostly short names. I am really not concerned with having a longer formal name so please don’t suggest this.

Names we both agree on
Tippi
[name]Cleo[/name]/[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Indie[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]- but this is common in my area and seems too long w kids names
[name]Juniper[/name]
Tigerlily- only mn

Names I like DH doesn’t
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Holiday[/name]
[name]Peridot[/name]
moon-mn
[name]Plum[/name]-mn
[name]Alba[/name]

any suggestions or combos?

Thanx [name]Meryl[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Meryl[/name]. I love your girls’ names, and I’m sure you will do as well this time. Tippi really caught my eye because it seems the most distinctive – and distinctly you – on your list. I think it is more high energy than pretty, but still pretty enough, if you get my drift. I also love [name]Indie[/name]. As you love being singular, it does seem possible you will run into some little [name]India[/name] who goes by [name]Indie[/name]. I don’t know if that matters to you. [name]Just[/name] consulting my own tastes tempered by what I understand of yours, I would probably choose Tippi [name]Clementine[/name]. Speaking of [name]Clementine[/name], I think [name]Clemmie[/name] is a darling nn and fits with your other names, but we are probably going to be hearing more of it with [name]Clementine[/name] becoming so popular. I prefer [name]Emme[/name] as the nn for C, but I’m sure that is too mainstream for you.

Other possibilities? (I might repeat. Sorry.)
[name]Prairie[/name]
[name]Moxie[/name]
[name]Bronte[/name]
[name]Wylie[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Snow[/name] (in the middle or first)

Azelia

Leah_9 I like your list [name]Vida[/name], freya, and [name]Gia[/name] I cant use as family/friends have already used them. I do like [name]Aster[/name] and DH says only for mn.

Hoodie, I am glad you like [name]Django[/name]! I worry about the silent D and the fact thta i think its trying a little hard.

Spiderweb, thanx so much for loving all my names. Normally I get a few weird looks when i discuss my names with friends. I do love [name]Clementine[/name] but the problem is that I do not like any of the nn. I love [name]Juniper[/name] too and i like the nn [name]June[/name], [name]Juni[/name] and [name]Juno[/name]. To me [name]Clem[/name] and [name]Clemmie[/name] sound like an illness. I like [name]Faye[/name] as a first name as well but I just like some of my other names more. DH will for sure compromise on the mn. There is not anything i my list that he HATES he just likes other names more. Tippi [name]Clementine[/name] is the combo I am in love with. [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Faye[/name] is very nice too. [name]Esme[/name] Tigerlily is to die for but DH cannot get behind [name]Esme[/name]. From your list I like [name]Zara[/name] but a friend used it. [name]Poppy[/name] is also the name of a friends new born, i suggested it and she loved it. I like [name]Vera[/name] and [name]Verity[/name] but DH said no.

Bonnie1107, You nailed it with my issues w the name [name]Indie[/name]! I feel like [name]India[/name] is fairly common and they may use the nn [name]Indie[/name]. Like I said before I love [name]Clementine[/name] but dislike the nn [name]Clem[/name], [name]Clemmie[/name]. [name]Emme[/name] is cute BUT a friend has a little [name]Emilia[/name] that goes by [name]Emme[/name] so thats out. I loved the name [name]Clementine[/name] when I was pregnant with my 3 yr old, [name]Lila[/name]. [name]Lila[/name]'s father had much different taste than me so [name]Lila[/name] was for sure a compromise name. I wanted to name [name]Lila[/name], [name]Delilah[/name] or [name]Clementine[/name]. So I have liked [name]Clementine[/name] for a [name]LONG[/name] time so it has longevity. I do feel like Tippi is very us. When I mention the name to even my most sophisticated naming friend they give me this strange look just like they gave me when I told then we were naming our son Mir”! I know it sounds kind of lame but if everyone loves a name I mention it almost turns me off a little bit because i feel like the name is too mainstream. I like [name]Prairie[/name], snow and [name]Azalea[/name] but [name]Azalea[/name] sounds too similar to [name]Lila[/name].

Thank you Berries!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Meryl[/name]

I think that Tippi sounds like you and that it is a cute name but I would really prefer to see a more girly name like [name]Lila[/name].

Would [name]Pippi[/name]/[name]Pippa[/name] nn for [name]Phillipa[/name] be any good? Probably too long?

[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Lori[/name]
[name]Erica[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Scout[/name]
[name]Sally[/name]

all the best

rollo

Hello [name]Rollo[/name],

[name]Scout[/name] has been growing on me. I do like [name]Pippa[/name] and it kind of works cuz [name]Phillip[/name] is a family name. However I have 2 problems with it 1) My brother had 2 names chosen one for a girl and one for a boy: [name]Philip[/name] [name]Leon[/name]. They ended up having a girl. I know he would not say anything if I used that name but I still feel like it is slightly mean since they do plan to use it in the even that they have a boy. 2) the bigger issue is that we are a bilingual family and [name]Pippa[/name] in spanish mean Pipe. [name]Pippa[/name] is mostly slang for a marijuana pipe. For that reason the name it totally out for me. I also want to stay away from names ending with “a”. I feel like every girl I meet has a name ending in A. Thank you for your input.

Hmm what about [name]Poppy[/name]? Or maybe [name]Tilly[/name]? [name]Siri[/name]?
I wanted to add that I have never met or even heard of an [name]India[/name] of any age group. I wasnt even aware it was a name before coming to this board.