delete pls

See the results of this poll: Tippi vs Indie

Respondents: 35 (This poll is closed)

• Tippi: 9 (26%)
  • Indie: 26 (74%)

I think either works well with your other children’s names but my personal favourite is [name]Indie[/name]…I just love this name!! :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your votes. DH is worried that Tippi will not age well, my argument is that [name]Indie[/name] and Tippi have the same nicknamey quality RIGHT?

Yes I think they do, I do prefer [name]Indie[/name], but I don’t think you can say one won’t age as well as the other as I think they are similar in that respect. As are names like [name]Molly[/name], [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Maisy[/name] - and I know lots of people my age (twenties) with these names and it doesn’t seem to be affecting them negatively in any way even though lots of people (myself included at times) say these names don’t age well! I think it’s that the “ee” ending, especially on a two syllable name, can have a cutesy feel, but I also think that as people with these kinds of names get older, so will the image of the names. If that makes any sense at all!!

To be honest, I don’t really think that Tippi or [name]Indie[/name] are substantial enough to be chosen for first names. They are too cutesy and sound like nicknames to me. I don’t think they match well with your other children’s names [name]Lila[/name] and Miro either. Your children have great names and Tippi and [name]Indie[/name] just lack their spirit. Sorry but that’s my opinion!

[name]Lila[/name] and Miro are great! [name]Indie[/name] appeals to me, but I’d prefer a formal name - Inda, [name]India[/name], [name]Indira[/name] … I’m thinking that’s not your style, though. So I voted for [name]Indie[/name] - [name]Lila[/name], Miro, [name]Indie[/name]. They work together.

Tippi could only be a nickname, IMHO. Sisters [name]Lila[/name] and Tippi … it feels like TIppi was short-changed. I just don’t see it aging well.

I love [name]Indie[/name] with Miro and [name]Lila[/name]! Its so cute/spunky/unusual! Tippi however just makes me think of the work tipsy, which makes me think of a drunk person. Sorry, but I just dont see it aging well.

I think Tippi is really original and cute! [name]Indie[/name] made me think of indie music. [name]India[/name] would be pretty, though.

I prefer Tippi as it has a more feminine sound whereas [name]Indie[/name] makes me think of [name]Indiana[/name] [name]Jones[/name]. Personally, I can picture a grown-up Tippi MUCH easier than an adult [name]Indie[/name].

Tippi Hedren’s first name is really [name]Nathalie[/name] so I don’t see where she got her nn. I understand Tippi has Swedish roots, that being the case I would like [name]Elin[/name] Tippi.

[name]Elin[/name], Miro and [name]Lila[/name]. Tippi is a sweet name but I like it in the middle and in the combo above.

rollo xx

When I was a teenager, I babysat for a family and the mother’s name is Tippi. It didn’t seem incongruous on an adult at all. I do agree that Tippi and [name]Indie[/name] have the same nn sound so I don’t see one aging better than the other. Personally with [name]Indie[/name], all I think of is [name]Indiana[/name] [name]Jones[/name]. At least with Tippi it seems more original and fresh, so that your daughter will be the only connection most people have with the name.

Thank you all for your comments!

IjandrI- I totally understand what you are saying about ee names sounding youthful and i think thats what puts a lot of ppl off unusual ee names. [name]Even[/name] though names like [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Natalie[/name] are widely used.

[name]Mischa[/name]- I see what you are saying about [name]Lila[/name], [name]Indie[/name] and Tippi having different feelings. The reason for that is because [name]Lila[/name] was from a former relationship and I had to make many compromises on my side in order to “agree” on a name. [name]Lila[/name] was fir sure not my first choice.

[name]Abby[/name]- I understand why someone would want to have a formal name for their child and then use a nn. I just dont really understand the need for a nn I feel like if ur gonna call ur kid [name]Indie[/name] 90% of the time that might as well be her name.

Leah_9- I see what you are saying about Tipsy.

Islandnicole- we like the [name]Indie[/name] music connection!

Phoebesmom- I also think Tippi is very fem! [name]Indie[/name] is fem to be as i grew up with 2 friends one named [name]India[/name] and the other named [name]Indiana[/name].

[name]Rollo[/name]- Tippi has greek roots meaning golden. [name]Elin[/name] is a nice name but i dont think it works w my other kids names

Gwensmom- I totally agree that Tippi is more original and ppl will have less associations with the name Tippi.

With that said we are 80% going with [name]Indie[/name]. [name]Both[/name] names are from my list and DH loves both names but [name]Indie[/name] feels right for this baby. Any middle name suggestions? I like [name]Indie[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Indie[/name] Tigerlily.

[name]Hi[/name] again it was lovely to hear your thoughts on everything. It takes a while to reply to everyone so thanks for taking the time.

I like Tippi and as I said before it is a sweet name. It looks like [name]Indie[/name] will win the day but if you change back to Tippi I think it is pretty.

I agree with your sentiment about using the name you will be calling the child all the time and making it their full name. My dad was just [name]Joe[/name] but you wouldn’t believe how many people would call him [name]Joseph[/name]. Why??

My son is named [name]Miles[/name] we don’t shorten it and although I have heard the occasional Milesie (ugh, ugh!!) 99.9% of people give him his full name.

best wishes I love your individual style.

rollo :slight_smile:

Hello [name]Rollo[/name] I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Miles[/name] it was a name we considered for Miro. I know a lot of people are into nn but i just don’t get it! Maybe it’s because my name is short so I have never used a nn?? I have a friend named [name]Liz[/name] and the other day someone was calling her [name]Elizabeth[/name], it freaked me out she is NOT [name]Elizabeth[/name] she is [name]LIZ[/name]! In fact we have thrown names off the list for fear that other people will give the child a nn for example I love [name]Tennessee[/name] but not Ten/[name]Tenny[/name] same with [name]Clementine[/name] I don’t like [name]Clem[/name]/clemmie. With Miro he came 3 weeks early so we had not cemented a name but at the hospital we put it all together and it felt just so right for us. I am sure once this bundle comes she will help us name her. Thanx again for your input.

Good point here…
I think if [name]Indie[/name] slept [name]Indy[/name] as a boys name & I don’t like Tippi at all as a full name. But if you love it, perhaps give her a longer first name so it is a nickname.
Tricky one…good luck!

I personally love [name]Indie[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]! I don’t like Tigerlily with [name]Indie[/name]. I understand its appeal but I just don’t like the repeating “ee” endings and I think [name]Clementine[/name] is also quirky cool, but flows better.

And as for the whole “ee” ending names sounding young, and using the nn you’re going to call your child as the full name - my fav name is [name]Claudie[/name] so I’ve obviously debated this. My partner and I aren’t really traditional but so many people have objected to the name and said it won’t age well or that is sounds nicknamey, so I’ve considered [name]Claudia[/name] and just calling her [name]Claudie[/name] all the time. But then I think, what’s the point in that?! Might as well use [name]Claudie[/name] in the first place lol. So I understand where you’re coming from, and I love [name]Indie[/name] :slight_smile:

ljandrl- I too think that [name]Indie[/name] and Tigerlily have too much “ee” sound. I love [name]Indie[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]. when I was pregnant with Miro, but before we knew the sex, we both agreed on [name]Clementine[/name] but for some reason [name]Clementine[/name] does not feel right for this pregnancy. DH said he doesn’t want to use it in the mn spot in case we have another daughter and want to use [name]Clementine[/name] for her. I see his point since its one of the few names we are both crazy about. I would love to use [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Moon[/name]. I think [name]Claudie[/name] sounds very nice and just as grown up as [name]Claudia[/name]. If ur going to call her [name]Claudie[/name] that should be her name! I am sure you are just having a negative reaction from people because they are conservative and cant think outside the box. I would beware who you share your name choices with. I only share my ideas with girlfriends who have sophisticated name taste and who have children with interesting names. Thanx for your input [name]Meryl[/name].

Thank you!

I am sure your sweet baby girl will be given a lovely name in good time, and we nameberries love to be included in the naming process which is such a personal and important decision to make; so we look forward to your final decision.

Thanks [name]Meryl[/name]! [name]Glad[/name] you like [name]Claudie[/name] :slight_smile: I’m not expecting yet, just planning ahead lol. I know when I am though that I won’t share names with friends and family until after the birth because people are often very judgemental and all think their naming style is best! The only place I’ve shared so far is nameberry and other forums but the reaction is still largely negative. But I think if I still love it after all that it must be the one :slight_smile:

I think if you would consider [name]Clementine[/name] for a future child’s first name, then maybe you should save it as much as I love it with [name]Indie[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you have any other possible middles? I’m sure you’ll pick something great no matter what!

[name]Laura[/name]