deleted

Our last name is very Italian, four syllables…

([name]Edit[/name]: post body deleted for privacy. Thank you so much for all your feedback).

I think it’s absolutely fine- [name]Leo[/name] “Dontario” sounds okay to me, and substituting other 4 syllable Italian D- names- [name]Leo[/name] D’[name]Angelo[/name], [name]Leo[/name] D’Amico, [name]Leo[/name] DiCaprio, [name]Leo[/name] [name]Del[/name] Vecchio- all sound great. I think it actually gives the name a nice ring, but four syllables is long enough that it doesn’t sound rhyme-y. I think your concern about sounding too Italian when you’re several generations removed is a valid one, but to me, more classic or common English names like [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Jacob[/name] sound fine with ethnic last names, if you’re looking for more options.

I love [name]Leo[/name] and I’m sure it would be great with your last name. I don’t see any problems at all and I can see it flowing well.

Thank you both for responding! Getting feedback makes me feel so much better. :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Leo[/name]. It’s cute, yet masculine; short, yet full-flavored and complete. It feels both modern and classic to me. It’s a name I would consider using for a son. I agree that the multiple syllables of your last name prevent it from sounding rhymey - and the bit of alliteration is a plus. With a long last name, he will be grateful for a short first name. Wonderful choice!

I don’t think your last name would be a problem with [name]Leo[/name]. I think the similiar endings would be unique and cute!

Besides, I know a [name]Leo[/name] del [name]Rio[/name], and he LOVES his name. :slight_smile:

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

[name]Lexi[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll post again in the next few weeks when we’ve got a short list - with middle names- to take to the hospital.

I think [name]Leo[/name] is adorable. It was one of my first picks that Hubby nixed. :slight_smile: