Delia or Amelia?

I go back and forth on these two names and can’t decide!

[name]Delia[/name] has family significance and we think that the nn “[name]Dede[/name]” is quite cute. We also like [name]Amelia[/name] (and the nn “[name]Milly[/name]”) but also know that it has become quite popular.

We only have a few more weeks to go, so any input is greatly appreciated!

[name]Amelia[/name]. [name]Delia[/name] feels very dull.
Have you considered [name]Amalia[/name] perhaps? [name]Emelia[/name], [name]Emilia[/name].

I prefer [name]Delia[/name] actually. [name]Amelia[/name] is getting so popular, and I think [name]Delia[/name] has a nicer sound. Then again I tend to not like names longer than three syllables, IDK why lol.

I don’t like the nickname [name]Dede[/name], but if you do then so much the better. :slight_smile:

Vastly prefer [name]Delia[/name].

Honestly popularity isn’t even the reason for me. I could list it as one of the downsides of [name]Amelia[/name] but I love [name]Emily[/name] which is more popular than [name]Amelia[/name] is. I just don’t like the sound of [name]Amelia[/name], and I like it less each time I hear it (which is often, here) but I don’t mind hearing names I like over and over.

[name]Delia[/name] or [name]Dahlia[/name] or [name]Dinah[/name] are all far more appealing to me. And the family connection would be nice.

I can’t say [name]Dede[/name] does anything for me but hey if you like it.

I prefer [name]Delia[/name], I think it’s so very pretty and kind of exotic. [name]Millie[/name] is a lovely nickname though!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name] and [name]Amelie[/name] for alternatives to [name]Delia[/name] & [name]Amelia[/name], but if your are set on those two, I prefer [name]Delia[/name]. Although [name]Amelia[/name] seems more youthful (probably due to it’s current popularity, the NN [name]Dede[/name] is cute for a child/teen but they could grow into the more mature [name]Delia[/name].x

I like [name]Delia[/name], but it feels incomplete. I like [name]Amelia[/name] for its completeness, but I’ve never been a huge fan of the name, sorry. Would you consider [name]Adelia[/name]? I think that’s gorgeous, has the same feel as [name]Amelia[/name], but you could still use the nn [name]Dede[/name], and it’s not common at all!

Good luck!

[name]Delia[/name].
[name]Amelia[/name] is clunky for me. I just don’t really like it that much. [name]Dede[/name] is cute, but it’s nothing „huge“. But [name]Delia[/name], it sounds lovely and prim, it has an effervescent charm, that is also elegant and proper. I like [name]Delia[/name].

What do you think of [name]Amelie[/name]? I think it’s vastly less popular and more pretty than [name]Amelia[/name]. It’s a tad french, but no worries!
I also really, really like [name]Emilia[/name], it sounds more feminine and soft.

Thanks, everyone for your input and ideas regarding alternatives! It is always helpful to hear outsiders’ perspectives. Please keep the opinions coming :slight_smile:

I don’t think we like [name]Amelie[/name] or [name]Emilia[/name] as much – although we have considered [name]Dinah[/name].

For those who do not like the nickname “[name]Dede[/name]” for [name]Delia[/name], we also like the nn “[name]Dee[/name]” or “[name]Dell[/name].” Thoughts?

I like [name]Dell[/name]! It always reminds me of the computer company, haha, but I think [name]Dell[/name]/[name]Della[/name] sounds really cute.

I like [name]Dell[/name] and [name]Dee[/name]. It’s just “the [name]Dee[/name] Dees” are the bad clown girl twins in Batman Beyond, which I always think of, and [name]King[/name] Dedede the videogame character. I have the perspective a warped nerd. :slight_smile:

What about [name]Cecelia[/name] or [name]Cecily[/name] nn Cee Cee ?

I prefer [name]Delia[/name], and [name]Dede[/name] is cute.

I love [name]Amelia[/name] nn [name]Milly[/name], but I’m warming up to [name]Delia[/name]! I originally thought it felt too incomplete,that it should be [name]Cordelia[/name] nn [name]Delia[/name] but I think [name]Delia[/name] could actually work. [name]Dede[/name] is adorable!