Delilah - Lila

I have recently taken a liking to [name]Lila[/name] :slight_smile: I think it is too short though to stand alone on my list. WDYT of [name]Delilah[/name] NN [name]Lila[/name]? Is the biblical reference to negative to use? Does it fit in my list and deserve a spot? What do you picture a little [name]Delilah[/name] and a grown up [name]Delilah[/name] to be like?

[name]Delilah[/name] is one of my top names, and if I use it, I plan to nickname her [name]Lilah[/name] or [name]Lila[/name]. I wondered about the biblical connotations for a long while, but I love the name far too much to let it stop me. I say it definitely deserves a spot on your list.

I love [name]Delilah[/name] and I think [name]Lila[/name] goes perfectly as a nickname. I wouldn’t worry about the biblical connotations, because it seems a lot more prevalent now!

I also love [name]Delilah[/name] nn [name]Lilah[/name] and would use it myself.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Delilah[/name] and nn lilah is so pretty. I think this name is shedding it’s biblical ties. I would use it!

I think I’m the lone one on this site, but I can’t for the life of me conceive the idea of using [name]Delilah[/name]… the Biblical associations (imo) are terrible, and, while it has a pretty sound, I wouldn’t want my daughter to grow up going to church (which, she definitely would), learn the story of [name]Samson[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name], and wonder why in the world she shares a name with that woman. There is relatively none (if any at all!) teasing in my church and the school it is run by, but I’m almost positive those kids would tease a poor [name]Delilah[/name]. :*( [name]Lila[/name] is cute (I adore it, actually!), but it’s perfectly usable on its own, or even as a nn for [name]Lorelei[/name] or [name]Liliana[/name]/[name]Lilibet[/name]/[name]Lilias[/name]/[name]Lillian[/name]/etc. I even know a [name]Delilah[/name], and just a couple weeks ago she told me she couldn’t possibly conceive why her mother would name her [name]Delilah[/name], especially since they were Christians at the time she was born… You’re fairly conservatively Catholic, right? [name]Do[/name] you know how those in your church would react to it?

Sorry, I usually try and be nice, but this is just one name I can’t understand at all. I hope it doesn’t come across as rude… I just have really, really strong opinions on the issue, lol.

Good luck!

[name]Delilah[/name] is a pretty name, but I prefer [name]Lila[/name] on it’s own, or even better spelled [name]Lyla[/name]. I think it’s fabulous.

No you are not being rude at all :slight_smile: I had my doubts. I don’t think that people out our church would be too bothered by it, and we are fairly conservative. We have a school that our church runs as well and I don’t think there was any teasing and I was pretty popular lol, so I think I would have known. Now a [name]Jezebel[/name] would probably be a different story. I prefer [name]Lila[/name] to [name]Delilah[/name] anyways but I was not sure if it was to short to fit on my list. Maybe I will stick with [name]Lila[/name] on its own. I do like [name]Lorelei[/name] as well but I am not sure

My name is [name]Delilah[/name] and I go by [name]Daisy[/name] (I know kinda a stretch of a nn but, my mom picked it) I’m in my teens and have been sung the song Hey There [name]Delilah[/name] before by close friends but other than that no teasing. My middle name is [name]Maeve[/name] and my parents recieve multiple compliments on my name. I like the nn [name]Lila[/name] but I prefer [name]Daisy[/name] and love my full name and I’m sure your daughter will love hers!

I would go with [name]Lila[/name] on its own. The biblical [name]Delilah[/name] is not the best namesake. [name]Lila[/name] is a short name but a powerful and beautiful one. If you prefer [name]Lila[/name], just go with it!

I don’t think most people even know of the biblical association with the name [name]Delilah[/name].
[name]Delilah[/name] is a lovely name and the nn [name]Lila[/name] is gorgeous!

I think [name]Delilah[/name] is fine, but I much prefer [name]Lila[/name] on its own. It’s beautiful and simple. [name]Love[/name] it!