Delilah or Caroline?

We are expecting a baby girl and really like both [name]Delilah[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name]. My other children are [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Spencer[/name], and [name]Milo[/name]. She will have two middle names, each honoring a family member.
Some family names we have to work with:
[name]Susanne[/name] (my mom’s name)
[name]Vivian[/name] (my name)
[name]Anne[/name], [name]Anna[/name] (several aunts on both sides)
[name]Camille[/name] (his mom’s name)
[name]Eleanore[/name] (his grandma’s name)

Which names or name combos do you guys like best? Thanks in advance!

[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Eleanore[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is my absolute favorite!

[name]Susanne[/name] (my mom’s name) --I love [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] (my name)-- This is one of my faves!
[name]Anne[/name], [name]Anna[/name] (several aunts on both sides)-- In my top two or three: [name]Anna[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] (his mom’s name) --One of my faves!
[name]Eleanore[/name] (his grandma’s name)-- [name]Eleanor[/name] is one of my very favorite two or three as well.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], don’t love [name]Delilah[/name]. I went to [name]Sunday[/name] School every week when I was little, so when I hear the name [name]Delilah[/name], I think of [name]Samson[/name] asleep and [name]Delilah[/name] cutting off his hair. But not everyone is super familiar with that story or even cares, so if you love that name, great. Plus it has a wonderful nickname-[name]Lila[/name]. You’ve got great names to work with for the middles, too! I love your taste in names! Your sons’ names are wonderful!

I like [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Viviane[/name] [name]Anne[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Susanne[/name]. [name]Delilah[/name] is one of our top picks as well, so I’m partial to that one. But [name]Caroline[/name] goes really well with your other names ([name]Milo[/name] is one of our favorite boy’s names by the way, so we definitely have similar tastes!)

[name]Delilah[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] are both absolutely gorgeous!

I think I prefer [name]Delilah[/name], it’s so unique and distinctive. I actually love the sound of [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] for a first and middle name. They both tie in together nicely, as they have the long I sound.

I love the sound of [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Ann[/name]. I think a simpler middle name would work well with [name]Delilah[/name].

If you choose [name]Caroline[/name], then [name]Vivian[/name] would go great with it. You can choose a more daring middle name with [name]Caroline[/name]. [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Vivian[/name] is lovely.

But of the two, I really love [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Ann[/name].

hope this helps! congrats and good luck :slight_smile:

[name]Delilah[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] are both absolutely gorgeous!

I think I prefer [name]Delilah[/name], it’s so unique and distinctive. I actually love the sound of [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] for a first and middle name. They both tie in together nicely, as they have the long I sound.

I love the sound of [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Eleanore[/name] [name]Ann[/name]. I really like just [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Ann[/name], though. [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Ann[/name] [name]Camille[/name] is great as well.

If you choose [name]Caroline[/name], I love [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Eleanore[/name] [name]Ann[/name] . Or [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Ann[/name]

I love [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Eleanore[/name] [name]Ann[/name]

hope this helps! congrats and good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the thoughts, you guys are wonderful! But now I have to ask, do you automatically think of [name]Delilah[/name] and [name]Samson[/name] in the Bible? And if you do, do you think it would still be okay to name a baby [name]Delilah[/name]?

Yes, I do think of [name]Delilah[/name] in the Bible, but I absolutely wouldn’t let that stop you. The beauty of the name is what I hear first. I think [name]Delilah[/name] will become a little more popular, and people will just begin to think of it as a pretty, feminine name.

I think [name]Delilah[/name] has moved on from [name]Samson[/name] (tho I’m sure she’ll hear jokes her whole life). I love both these names but they are totally opposite images: bad girl/good girl, [name]Rose[/name] [name]Red[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] White. I also love all your middle name choices EXCEPT the [name]Ann[/name] variations, which feel less distinctive than the others and also seem to honor less important people. So for middle names I’d say honor one person on each side of the family. Here are the combinations that feel best all around to me:

[name]DELILAH[/name] [name]ELEANORE[/name] [name]SUSANNE[/name]
[name]DELILAH[/name] [name]VIVIAN[/name] [name]CAMILLE[/name]
[name]CAROLINE[/name] [name]ELEANORE[/name] [name]SUSANNE[/name]
[name]CAROLINE[/name] [name]SUSANNE[/name] [name]CAMILLE[/name]

Though with this collection of delicious names, you can hardly go wrong, and huge congratulations for getting your girl – what a lovely family!!

Sure, I think of the [name]Delilah[/name] in the Bible, but it’s a fleeting, passing thought and in no way affects my feelings on the name itself, which I think is lovely. And I can’t imagine her getting too much grief about it on the playground-- or, I should say, no more or less than she would with any other name. But hey, you may take one look at her and decide she looks more like a [name]Caroline[/name] anyway. :slight_smile:

I for one absolutely do not think of [name]Delilah[/name] from the Bible. I just think of it as a beautiful, awesome name. I love it! It’s one of my favorites, but even if it weren’t, I think it fits better with the rest of your children’s names. As for combos…

I love [name]Pam[/name]'s suggestions of [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Eleanore[/name] [name]Susanne[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Camille[/name]. If [name]Caroline[/name] is up for the middle name I like [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Anne[/name]. I also like [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Anne[/name], [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Camille[/name], [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Eleanore[/name] [name]Anne[/name]… However, I think [name]Pam[/name]'s idea of using one name from each side is a really good idea, so my vote goes for her suggestions.

You guys are right about using a name from each side, right now I’m really liking [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Susanne[/name] [name]Eleanore[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Susanne[/name] [name]Camille[/name]. What do you guys think? I also found two more first name options: [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Pheobe[/name]?

I love [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Susanne[/name] [name]Camille[/name], and think [name]Phoebe[/name] is darling, too. For what it’s worth, I was just saying your sons’ names aloud, seeing how they sound with [name]Delilah[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name], and I became tongue tied when I came upon [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name]. [name]Delilah[/name] came out as “Demilo,” and when I tried it again, I said, “Delilo.” Granted, I may be the only person to whom this happens, but I thought I’d mention it.

You have some beautiful family names to work with, and your choices flow together very nicely. [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Susanne[/name] [name]Camille[/name] sounds lovely.