Delilah?

[name]Just[/name] a couple of questions:

1. [name]Do[/name] you think it is inevitable that a girl named [name]Delilah[/name] would have that song sung at her all the time? [name]Do[/name] you think it would be bad enough to consider not using it?
  2. Does [name]Delilah[/name] Drinkwater work?
  3. Is it too much with sister [name]Daisy[/name]?
  4. What nickname would you use? ([name]Daisy[/name] goes as Daze…)
  5. Which name do you prefer [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] Drinkwater or [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name] Drinkwater? (Sis is [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Hannah[/name])

Thanks [name]Val[/name]

I love [name]Delilah[/name]. I really wanted to use the name for my 3 yr old but her dad said no. The song really doesnt bother me its pop now but its not gonna become a classic, our children will not know the song. [name]Delilah[/name] Drinkwater is cute. [name]Delilah[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] are too cutesy for me BUT less cutsey than [name]Dahlia[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name]. As a nn i would use [name]Lyla[/name]. I prefer [name]Delilah[/name] as a name but with a sister named [name]Daisy[/name] I would use [name]Phoebe[/name].

What merylp said, except, of course, I didn’t really want to use [name]Delilah[/name] for my 3 year old because I have no 3 year old.

[name]Delilah[/name] is darling. [name]Delilah[/name] Drinkwater is darling. But [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name] Drinkwater might be too much of a good thing. [name]Phoebe[/name], however, works well with [name]Daisy[/name] – if you like it as well as [name]Delilah[/name].

Are you open to other suggestions?

Sure, why not!

Thanks, [name]Val[/name] x

I have to say that I prefer [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name] Drinkwater as a sister to [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Hannah[/name] Drinkwater. I do love alliterations and really don’t mind siblings names beginning in the same letter, but I just think [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name] Drinkwater has too many D’s going on. There’s absolutetly nothing wrong with the name though. The floral theme is so adorable, and I hope you continue with it! : )

Good luck!

You’re talking about the [name]Tom[/name] [name]Jones[/name] song, right? Why why why, [name]Delilah[/name]? It’s been around awhile and most adults would know it, but kids don’t. I doubt it would be a problem. I get Sweet [name]Caroline[/name] sung at me every now and then, but it’s not a bad thing :slight_smile:

I agree with pp that [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name] Drinkwater might be a little too much. [name]Delilah[/name] is very pretty though, and I love the nn [name]Lila[/name]. In fact, I prefer just [name]Lila[/name]/[name]Lilah[/name]. [name]Lila[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] Drinkwater? Cute!! I also like [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name]. Good luck!

I love the name [name]Delilah[/name] but not with [name]Daisy[/name] or Drinkwater. Paired with your surname it has too many syllables and is too cutesy with [name]Daisy[/name]. [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name] Drinkwater has a much better flow and is a great sibset for [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Hannah[/name] Drinkwater. Best wishes to you!

1. [name]Do[/name] you think it is inevitable that a girl named [name]Delilah[/name] would have that song sung at her all the time? [name]Do[/name] you think it would be bad enough to consider not using it?
    Lol, sorry but this made me laugh. My real name is also the name of a song and yes people (only guys really) use to sing it to me in highschool. [name]Trust[/name] me I’m not scarred from it. No one does it anymore. I giggle when I hear the song now. I dont see that song still being popular when your daughter is older either.
  2. Does [name]Delilah[/name] Drinkwater work?
    Yeahb
  3. Is it too much with sister [name]Daisy[/name]?
    No, I dont mind themed names when there are only two children. But if you have a third it might be tough. Would you use another D name, nature name, or both?
  4. What nickname would you use? ([name]Daisy[/name] goes as Daze…)
    [name]Lilah[/name] is my favorite, and it would break up the Ds.
  5. Which name do you prefer [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] Drinkwater or [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name] Drinkwater? (Sis is [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Hannah[/name])
    Eventhough [name]Phoebe[/name] is not a name I generally care for, I actually think it goes really well with [name]Daisy[/name]. They seem like a natural pairing to.

Thankyou everyone! I think we’ll stick with [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name]…
[name]Val[/name] x