Delphine.

I love the name [name]Delphine[/name], and have for a while. I’m aware of Madame LaLaurie (if you’ve heard of her) whom was terrible to her slaves. This occured in New Orleans; she was a supposed serial killer. Anyhow, I don’t know if many people know of this; any of you?
But I personally find [name]Delphine[/name] just gorgeous. Pronounced [name]Del[/name]-FEEN. A form of [name]Delphina[/name]; the name is Latin, but indeed used in English and French speaking countries. What do you think?

I think it is a very interesting name, in a great way. The only reason I wouldn’t use it is from a very bad personal association with someone with last name [name]Delphin[/name], prn the same. I think it sounds just beautiful and warm, quite striking but with a laid back personality, really cool and casual, but gorgeous. I must sound kind of nutty, this name has just about everything right.

[name]Hi[/name] Spiderweb! I love the name [name]Delphine[/name], too, and until now wasn’t aware of Madame LaLurie. (I’m a huge American [name]History[/name] freak, so I’m surprised this is the first I’ve heard of her!)

I just read about her, and the majority of sources cited her name as [name]Marie[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] Maccarty LaLurie, so on the bright side, while she was known as [name]Delphine[/name], [name]Marie[/name] was her given name. :slight_smile:

I personally wouldn’t worry about it, unless you live near her haunted mansion, where people may make the connection. :slight_smile:

[name]Edward[/name] (nn [name]Teddy[/name]) is one of my favorite names, and I’m not staying away from [name]Teddy[/name] because of [name]Ted[/name] Bundy. Likewise, I don’t associate [name]Jack[/name] with [name]Jack[/name] the Ripper.

I think it’s elegant and beautiful, but if [name]Delphine[/name]'s connection to Madame LaLaurie bothers you though, that’s what matters.

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Thank you all! (: No, you don’t sound nutty; I completely understand, haha. It’s a shame that you have bad connections with the name =/.
No, the connection itself doesn’t really bother me. Tehe, [name]Jack[/name] is a handsome name, but we’ve got so many [name]Jack[/name]'s in our family! [name]True[/name] about her name being [name]Marie[/name]; that’s one of the better things to it. Come to think of it, though, [name]Marie[/name]'s also very pretty - it makes me think of Austrian queen [name]Marie[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name]… I’d have to think on that. [name]Even[/name] though she was a French queen, she was Austrian. [name]Just[/name] thought I should add that: I confuse myself, tehe.

This was my name for French class in highschool…I was drawn to it then and I still think it’s beautiful! I don’t know of any bad connotations, serial killers or otherwise, for this name…I think it is lovely and feminine without being too cutesy or fluffy.

I’d really like [name]Delphine[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

I adore the name [name]Delphine[/name], both as a first and middle. I don’t have any bad associations with the name; I think it’s gorgeous!

I know a [name]Delphine[/name] – I think it’s lovely, but it is A LOT of name for a little girl.

I adore [name]Delphine[/name] - it is a beautiful, feminine, classic yet unusual choice. I had never heard of Madame LaLaurie, however this may be because I live in [name]England[/name].

A cute nn could be Elphie or [name]Ellie[/name], perhaps, or even [name]Fifi[/name], until she’s a teenager. Best to steer clear of [name]Deli[/name], though!