Dental treatment while being pregnant

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], my face was hit against the wall while sleepwalking. The hit was so serious that a portion of my front tooth was chipped away. There was no bleeding or pain, and I left the broken tooth as such. I am three weeks pregnant.
Last day, a friend came to visit me and she asked me to have the broken tooth fixed as early as possible. She told that there might be complications later on, as I am pregnant. She asked me to have an emergency dental treatment from Toronto as early as possible.
But, I am confused. Is it safe to have dental treatments while being pregnant? Is it necessary to have anesthesia during dental checkup? [name_m]Will[/name_m] it harm my baby? I am confused. Please give some genuine replies and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Best thing you could do is to contact your dentist or the facility you were recommended. Let them know what happened and that you are pregnant. They will be able to tell you what your options are. I do know women who have had some minor dental work done while pregnant, but I’m not sure what the limits are. Sorry I can’t be of more help, but yeah, definitely give them all call!

I’m not a doctor but I was told not to have dental treatments while expecting. I’d recommend waiting until the baby is born unless you are in a lot of pain or need medical treatment ASAP. You should probably talk to your dentist (and OB GYN?) before deciding what to do.

You should talk to your dentist and OBGYN. Maybe at three weeks it’s to early to do something, but teeth stuff is delicate and you need professional advice.

Dentists know how to deal with pregnant women and are trained to be aware of what medication is or isn’t safe to pregnancies, if you have any doubt that’s what gynos are for. AAAAAND you have to get dental checkups once or twice during pregnancy anyways (later on you might develop gum issues and other issues because of the bodily changes), so maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to start looking for a trusty pro now that the ocasion arised.

Thank you for sharing.