Describing mine and your parents name style

Thought this would be fun:
[name_f]My[/name_f] siblings, including me,names are [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] but always known as [name_f]Katie[/name_f], [name_u]James[/name_u] ,leah and susanna

Our middles are all honour names.

My parents style is a bit mixed. Popularity doesn’t seem to matter. [name_u]James[/name_u] is often top 10 but susanna rarely makes top 500.

3 put of 4 names are biblical. We are Christians.

The names feel fairly timeless and ageless the sort of names that will be used for a while.

Maybe there style is timeless, familiar names?
What do you think? And how would you describe your parents style?

1 Like

Your parents’ style seems classic and [name_u]Christian[/name_u], as you said

Mine like modern names

1 Like

Your parents prefer classic, timeless names that are devoid of any expectations. They prefer names that could suit any kind of person, but it’s also important to them to share their faith with you. :slight_smile:

My parents liked more current classics.

1 Like

I love this :heart:

My dad would love this description

1 Like

I would say classic, as well. Perhaps timeless.
My parents’ taste in names is eclectic, like their taste in everything else, lol. My name is Violet, My siblings are Casimir, Logan, Marriah, Morgan, Glory, and Gideon.
They almost named me Belladonna. Eclectic is the only descriptor I can come up with.

1 Like

My parents had a really interesting eclectic name style.

My name is [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] and my brothers are Edw@ard [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] nn [name_m]Ned[/name_m] and Ol1ver [name_m]Jacob[/name_m].

Other names I know were on their list:

Nell
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_m]Eric[/name_m]
[name_m]Hank[/name_m]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_u]Rudy[/name_u]
[name_m]Buster[/name_m] (I think my mum hated this but my dad likes quirky names haha)

3 Likes

I think if they’d had another kid it probably would have been a [name_u]Milo[/name_u] (if my mum had her way), [name_m]Eric[/name_m] (if my dad had his way) or a [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]

1 Like

My parents have extremely different styles and they had a really hard time deciding on names for us. Also, consequently my brother and I have extremely different names lol. My dad likes primarily the names he heard growing up in his family lol and basically only wanted to use family names, which in practice means a lot of obscure old-fashioned names (he wanted to name me after basically every elderly female relative of his at some point and insists their names are all beautiful). My first name is actually not a family name but it was the name of his next door neighbor growing up (I’m not named after her per se, but it was the only name my mom liked that he also liked and he cited his neighbor as why he liked it.) My mom likes traditional classics and soft, simple names that were relatively common at the time she was having kids. Her top choice for me was Lily but my dad vetoed it. The only type of name I’ve ever heard her express vocal dislike for is really long frilly names like our neighbor had a baby named Arabella and she was like “oh I hate that” :joy: (not in front of the parents or the baby! Just to me afterwards.)

2 Likes

I asked my mum her name taste and she replied “flawed”

(in truth, my parents’ style (specifically my mum’s, because my dad could not care less about names) would be uncommon, rich in meaning and history, and cultural relevant (for us, italian, hebrew, or celtic))

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

I like your parents’ style! Classic and timeless.

My parents like common, but not trendy names. Such ones that have come into usage fairly recently, but aren’t made up. Something between modern and classic.

1 Like

Yes, I would say your parents have a timeless, classic, [name_u]Christian[/name_u] style. :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] parents?

Well, my mother was the one who named me and my siblings, and she honored two family members with my name, four with my one sister’s name, and three with my last sister’s name. So, yeah, family was important to her in naming us. But she chose creative ways to honor family, resulting in a sister set of more modern classics. [name_f]My[/name_f] name is probably the most classic, but it was very popular in the late '90s-early '00s, so it feels more modern to most people. So, I guess I would say our names are not very timeless. All three of us have names that will date (if they haven’t already) to our generation. Modern classic it is, then!

I’ve hidden the details for the sake of anyone who’s not interested in me ramblingly trying to sort it out. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Your parents definitely like classic names with [name_u]Christian[/name_u] connotations.

My father has a more classic style, with other options for me being [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] (a family name) and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] mother has a more modern style. She gave me a middle-popularity “-ley” name. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister has a very vintage, but on-trend family name with a very timeless, classic, but not tired middle name. After I changed my name, we sound like early 1900’s Irish siblings.