Desmond?

DH and I really love [name]Desmond[/name]. However, my mother HATES it. She used to be a teacher and she says that she is always reminded of horrible little boys named [name]Desmond[/name]. She would never tell us not to use a name we love, but she doesn’t have a problem voicing her opposition (she also hates our girl name, [name]Evangeline[/name] (along with almost everyone else in the family)- but loves our 2 year old’s name, [name]Grace[/name]). My problem is the middle name. right now we have [name]Desmond[/name] [name]David[/name]. But, I think there is too much alliteration. [name]David[/name] would be great because it’s after my father, but since both names start and end with “D”, it may be too much. I was thinking about 2 middle names or hypehenating 2 middle names, but can’t really think of anything. I’m not a huge fan of two middle names, but DH really LOVES [name]Desmond[/name] [name]David[/name] and I want to be able to use it. (Also, since [name]Grace[/name] only has one middle name, I don’t want her to feel left out.) Any suggestions?

I love the name [name]Desmond[/name]. Your mom will grow to love it too :wink:

As for [name]David[/name], I agree is it a lot of alliteration, but if you don’t plan on calling him “[name]Desmond[/name] [name]David[/name]” then go for it! It’s just a middle name. No harm, no foul.