Desperately seeking inspiration - baby due in 2 weeks

I thought I’d have names sorted by this point but having a hard time working out which names I actually like, keep changing my mind and my other half keeps throwing other names into the mix or deciding he doesn’t like names I’ve picked. Here’s my shortlist so far, let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.

Boys:
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] (other half not on board with this one)
[name]Rory[/name] (name of sisters recent ex boyfriend so not sure this is appropriate)
(middle name will be [name]Christopher[/name])

Girls:

[name]Roma[/name]
[name]Marnie[/name]
[name]Niamh[/name] (pretty but maybe a little plain)
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] (prefer the shortenings like mattie/[name]Tilly[/name]/[name]Tilda[/name] to the full name)

Middle name will be either [name]Joan[/name], [name]Sophie[/name] or rosalyn depending on
which flows better with the first name we pick.

Surname will be Edwards so although I love elodie, edie, and [name]Ella[/name] I think it’s a bit too much alliteration. For boys I like the more modern names, not keen on classic names so no henrys, alberts, toms or jacks. I’m not keen on surname names.

For girls it’s a little more open, I like Victorian names and more modern names but nothing too popular so no Lilys, evies, etc. Would love something that’s not a name you hear everywhere.

My name is [name]Chloe[/name] and my partner is [name]Samuel[/name]. Please let me know what you think of my current choices and if anything springs to mind that might suit us!

Boys:
[name]Arlo[/name] - This would be my pick for you, but its not my favorite name out there
[name]Dylan[/name] - I think this is dated
[name]Rory[/name] - If it would upset your sister I would stay away from this.

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Dawson[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Bowen[/name]
[name]Brice[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Kellen[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Zander[/name]

Girls:
[name]Roma[/name] - never heard of this…makes me think of tomatoes, but its very pretty
[name]Marnie[/name] - I feel this is more plain that [name]Niamh[/name]
[name]Niamh[/name] - you will have spelling and pronounciation issues with this one
[name]Sadie[/name] - cute
[name]Matilda[/name] - my favorite!

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Adelina[/name]
[name]Mariella[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Maeva[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Melina[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Ciara[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]/[name]Cerys[/name]
[name]Josie[/name]
[name]Milly[/name] ([name]Camilla[/name]?)
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]

My picks from your list are [name]Rory[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name]. I love pp’s suggestion of [name]August[/name] for a boy! [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Romilly[/name] for a girl, nn [name]Romy[/name]? I like it better than [name]Roma[/name] but has a very similar sound. Also, I like the alliteration of [name]Elodie[/name] Edwards, if you really like [name]Elodie[/name]. I think it’s the difference in syllables that make it work, so [name]Elodie[/name] Edwards is better than [name]Ella[/name] Edwards imo. [name]Elodie[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name] or [name]Elodie[/name] [name]Joan[/name] is lovely.

Good luck!

Boy names- I feel [name]Dylan[/name] sounds the best with Edwards when you say it out loud. A similar more modern name would be [name]Declan[/name].

Girl names- My favorite was [name]Matilda[/name].

I think [name]Arlo[/name] is great for a boy.
And I like [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Joan[/name] but does it sound too old fashioned, Im not sure.
From others suggestions I like [name]Cassia[/name], [name]Reed[/name] & [name]Milo[/name].
Good luck!

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I feel like I’ve been through every name list possible at least 3 times so starting to doubt that I will suddenly discover any more names that I don’t already like or haven’t already been taken by friends and family.

I have thought of romilly and romola but OH thinks they sound silly and made up despite my trying to convince him that they are real names, and I think I prefer the simplicity of [name]Roma[/name]. [name]Matilda[/name] may be growing on me again seeing as a lot of people love the name and it has great nickname potential. [name]Marnie[/name] is fast becoming my front runner, its not a name ive heard much here in the uk but i think its cute and girly but will also work once she is an adult…but my OH needs convincing.

Boys-wise I am still drawn to arlo but will need to meet the baby first to decide whether he could pull off the name. [name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Rory[/name] seethe safer choices, looks like I may need to test the water with my sister to see how she feels about that one. It wasn’t a massively serious relationship, she’s 18 and they were together for half a year, it’s just bad timing because the breakup was recent.

Can’t work out how to edit my last message. That ‘seethe’ should read ‘seem’… My phone auto-corrected the spelling!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]! Nns [name]Tillie[/name] and [name]Tilda[/name] are great.
[name]Dylan[/name] is dated. Alternatives: [name]Declan[/name] and [name]Donovan[/name].
[name]Love[/name] [name]Rory[/name] but I think it will be a girl’s name. [name]How[/name] about [name]Roman[/name]? I love [name]Rowan[/name], but that might end up as a girl’s name, too. I also love [name]Rufus[/name].
Good luck! :smiley:

Boys:
[name]Jamison[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]

Girls:
[name]Valerie[/name], [name]Margaret[/name] ([name]Maggie[/name]), [name]Suzannah[/name], [name]Celia[/name], [name]Alexandria[/name], [name]Francine[/name]