Despite popularity, which name do you like BEST! PLEASE HELP

See the results of this poll: Despite popularity, which is prettier?

Respondents: 42 (This poll is closed)

• Sophia Marie : 31 (72%)
  • Mia Grace Marie: 12 (28%)

I prefer [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]. [name]Mia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is a bit too repetitive. I haven’t met any little girls named [name]Sophia[/name] either. I have heard [name]Sophie[/name] more. If [name]Sophia[/name] is the name you like best, go with it. Plus, if she is in a class with another [name]Sophia[/name] or 2, there are a few different nns that she could use to help distinguish between them.

I personally like [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] better.I think it’s really pretty!
Although [name]Sophia[/name] is really popular right now, if you don’t mind that then I’d say go for it. And [name]Mia[/name] is a top 10 name as well so although not as popular as [name]Sophia[/name] its not like choosing between a super popular name and one that is not popular.

And for [name]Marie[/name] - I like it as is the way you are using it as a middle name. I like the ring of [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]. And I think with [name]Mia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] it would be too long to have [name]Annemarie[/name] or [name]Rosemarie[/name].

[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

I love the name [name]Marie[/name]! I met a 5 yr old [name]Marie[/name] the other week and honestly, I think it sounds very fresh again. [name]Mia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Marie[/name] just sounds a little repetitive.

[name]Sophia[/name], definitely. [name]Mia[/name]'s fine, but it sounds a bit possessive because it literally means “my” or “mine” in several languages. [name]Sophia[/name] is stunning and classic, one of my personal favorite names. Also, both names are very popular, so you’re absolutely right- popularity really doesn’t matter in your situation.
I would change the middle to [name]Annemarie[/name] or [name]Rosemarie[/name]. [name]Marie[/name] is a beautiful name as a first, but as a middle it’s very boring and cliche and blah. I remember counting the number of girls in my graduating high school class (I was a name nerd even then) with the middle name [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Maria[/name], and it was 15- there were only about 100 girls, so 15% had the same middle name! I feel like every other girl in [name]America[/name] is ______ [name]Marie[/name], so the combo of [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is very bland to me. [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rosemarie[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Annemarie[/name] are beautiful.

[name]One[/name] more thing- [name]Mia[/name] originated as a nickname for [name]Maria[/name], so if you do go with [name]Mia[/name] I don’t really see the point of having [name]Marie[/name] in there as well. [name]Even[/name] if you’re honoring someone, it’s essentially the same name. And [name]Grace[/name] doesn’t quite mean “gift from god,” it means grace. [name]Theodora[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name]/[name]Dorothy[/name] do mean “gift of god.”

[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name], definitely! [name]Mia[/name] is very sweet and I love it, but it feels too nicknamey for me on its own. Popularity doesn’t matter to me in the slightest, actually, and [name]Sophia[/name] has been a favorite of mine for a while–I was actually just thinking about it today… I think it’s rather stunning, despite being so mainstream. I would change it to [name]Annemarie[/name]. I think [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Annemarie[/name] would be so stunning and European! I would love to meet one. [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rosemarie[/name] is very pretty, too.

Good luck!

I completely disagree with pp. While I love both names, [name]Mia[/name] seems more special than [name]Sophia[/name]. Maybe because I hear [name]Sophia[/name] all the time, but rarely hear [name]Mia[/name].