Dexter or Girard or Humbert or Red

See the results of this poll: Do you love Dexter, Girard, Humbert, or Red the most?

Respondents: 24 (This poll is closed)

• Dexter: 15 (63%)
  • Girard: 2 (8%)
  • Humbert: 2 (8%)
  • Red: 5 (21%)

Haha! It was between [name]Dexter[/name] and [name]Humbert[/name], and I naturally went with [name]Humbert[/name].

[name]Humbert[/name] will grow up to become a professional kazoo player who spends his free time creating finger puppets.

[name]Humbert[/name] will live tattoo-free, but he’ll fight the temptation to get a tattoo in honor of [name]Oprah[/name], for whom he pines from afar.

[name]Humbert[/name] will most definitely not remember to change his sheets, and will happily sleep among a sea of Cheeto and Dorito crumbs.

For snack, [name]Humbert[/name] will enjoy Nutella, the most amazing spread around, and he’ll also appreciate snacking on chocolate covered macadamia nuts, green olives (with pimento), and Gogurt.

[name]Humbert[/name]'s favorite movie will be [name]Napoleon[/name] Dynamite, with [name]Paul[/name] Blart: Mall Cop in second place. (Speaking of which, I watched [name]Paul[/name] Blart: Mall Cop recently, and could seriously feel myself getting dumber with each passing minute.)

[name]Hope[/name] you had a good day, [name]Susan[/name]! :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Humbert[/name], too, because I love [name]Vladimir[/name] Nabokov’s character [name]Humbert[/name] [name]Humbert[/name]. Once when I was a teenager, I went to a very posh restaurant with my family. The host asked me what the name of our party was. I told him, “[name]Humbert[/name] [name]Humbert[/name].” When it was time to be seated, the host came up to me in a gentleman-like fashion and said, “This way, Miss [name]Humbert[/name] [name]Humbert[/name]!”

I think [name]Humbert[/name] is going to grow up to love expensive clothes and to fall in love with a woman named [name]Delores[/name] nn [name]Lola[/name]!

Haha! It was between [name]Dexter[/name] and [name]Humbert[/name], and I naturally went with [name]Humbert[/name].

[name]Humbert[/name] will grow up to become a professional kazoo player who spends his free time creating finger puppets.

[name]Humbert[/name] will live tattoo-free, but he’ll fight the temptation to get a tattoo in honor of [name]Oprah[/name], for whom he pines from afar.

[name]Humbert[/name] will most definitely not remember to change his sheets, and will happily sleep among a sea of Cheeto and Dorito crumbs.

For snack, [name]Humbert[/name] will enjoy Nutella, the most amazing spread around, and he’ll also appreciate snacking on chocolate covered macadamia nuts, green olives (with pimento), and Gogurt.

[name]Humbert[/name]'s favorite movie will be [name]Napoleon[/name] Dynamite, with [name]Paul[/name] Blart: Mall Cop in second place. (Speaking of which, I watched [name]Paul[/name] Blart: Mall Cop recently, and could seriously feel myself getting dumber with each passing minute.)

[name]Hope[/name] you had a good day, [name]Susan[/name]! :-)[/quote]

I love [name]Dexter[/name] the most. [name]Dexter[/name] is bright and playful. He wears little brown glasses and a red superhero cape each day. He loves to play fetch with his dog, [name]Rufus[/name]. He secretly likes to try on his sister’s pink tights (because pink is secretly his favorite color). He likes the feel of cold, clean sheets when he goes to bed, and he hates the smell of laundry detergent. He loves to watch [name]Forrest[/name] Gump with his Grandpa [name]Joe[/name] - they laugh and laugh until their bellies hurt!

Compared to [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Girard[/name] is a little snot. He is obnoxious and snobbish, rude and brazen. He picks on little girls with blond hair and steps on bunny rabbit feet. He only eats graham crackers with peanut butter for snack, and he only eats crunchy peanut butter.

Compared to [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Humbert[/name] is a lazy bum. He likes to sit around on his lounge chair and watch Jeopardy all day, but he never gets a single question right. He likes to ogle his housekeeper from afar, but the truth is he’s never had a girlfriend more than a month.

Compared to [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Red[/name] is a bit of a dummy. He picks his nose, talks back to his teachers, and hates to wash his hair. He smells a little greasy, has a pet pig named Fido, and hasn’t learned his ABCs even though he’s in the third grade.

Enjoy!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Okay, I already commented on [name]Humbert[/name].

[name]Girard[/name] loves to wear silk shirts. He loves shoes and walks silently. If you see him at night, he is lost in the shadows of trees and telephone poles. His sideburns are curly. He bites his lower lip and puts his hand in his pocket to make sure he still has his keys. He wear cologne that smells like redwood.

[name]Dexter[/name] loves to go under the bed. He throws his mother’s shoes at the cat, but they always miss the sweet little creature. [name]Dexter[/name] loves to read. He will even try to read books in other languages. He loves to lick the inside of the refrigerator when it’s clean, but not when it’s dirty. He only uses pale blue washcloths.

On the other hand, [name]Red[/name] loves to use red washcloths. He has a pet rat named [name]Richard[/name]. The rat’s name starts with an “R” just like [name]Red[/name]'s name and even ends in a “d”. [name]Red[/name] feels that he is twin brothers with his rat. [name]Red[/name] made a big pink tail to wear around the house so that he would look more like [name]Richard[/name].

[name]Dexter[/name] is a dork. nice but not in the popular crowd

[name]Girard[/name] You have to spell this [name]Gerard[/name] and once you have done so it is a handsome name

[name]Humbert[/name] add Englebert and [name]Dink[/name]. But [name]Humbert[/name] hangs around with [name]Dexter[/name] poor fellow.

[name]Red[/name] Now he should be called [name]Blue[/name] because he has red hair. He has a laconic charm, he is a bit of a clown, very popular and lanky with brown, wavy hair. A lovable larrikin.

[name]Hope[/name] you had a good day, [name]Susan[/name]! :-)[/quote]

I don’t know how people can sleep without any sheets. I wouldn’t want to lie on a bare mattress. It would be scratchy! [name]Humbert[/name] is bad.
Sionara!

Quoted for [name]Truth[/name]!

[quote=“lyndsayjenness”]

Quoted for [name]Truth[/name]![/quote]

Woo-hoo, [name]Lyndsay[/name]! Isn’t Nutella amazing? :slight_smile: You know, I can’t believe that I actually sat through [name]Paul[/name] Blart: Mall Cop. I wasted 90 minutes of my life I’ll never get back! :slight_smile:

(And [name]Susan[/name], sayonara!) :slight_smile:

Nutella is the best in the world. I can’t believe it’s not more popular than peanut butter! Have you ever had a fluffernutter? It’s marmallow fluff with peanut butter… well, that is a thousand times better if you use nutella instead, oh man, amazing… Definitely shouldn’t count as a healthy lunch, though. :slight_smile:

[name]Paul[/name] Blart was awful. Yikes. I paid very little attention when I watched it (I was probably simultaneously on nameberry, haha!) That was really one of the worst movies ever… then again, I always hate movies the first time I watch them, and then end up loving them… I don’t think that’s the case with this, though… it was just bad, through and through!

[name]Every[/name] part of this post made me laugh!

These descriptions are hilarious

Quoted for [name]Truth[/name]![/quote]

Woo-hoo, [name]Lyndsay[/name]! Isn’t Nutella amazing? :slight_smile: You know, I can’t believe that I actually sat through [name]Paul[/name] Blart: Mall Cop. I wasted 90 minutes of my life I’ll never get back! :slight_smile:

(And [name]Susan[/name], sayonara!) :-)[/quote]

Have you ever had Nutella on strawberries? I made crepes with strawberries and Nutella, and they were amazing!

I’ve never had a fluffernutter before, but it sounds like a work of art. [name]Do[/name] I have to mix the marshmallow with the peanut butter, or is there already a product out there that has combined the marshmallow and peanut butter goodness?

The weird thing about watching [name]Paul[/name] Blart: Mall Cop, was that even though I could feel my IQ points dropping, I couldn’t bring myself to change the channel. The movie was like some sort of kryptonite that managed to somehow simultaneously lobotomize and hypnotize me.

The house could have been on fire, and I would have still been sitting there watching [name]Paul[/name] Blart.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Maj[/name]! I’m glad you enjoyed it. (And seriously, if you’ve never tried Nutella before, [name]Lyndsay[/name] and I speak the truth!) :slight_smile:

Take care!

Mmm, I’ve never had Nutella on strawberries, I’m sure that is fantastic! I haven’t made crepes since high school cooking class, but I’m sort of inspired to try again… sounds so very french!

Fluffernutters are very popular in Pennsylvania (at least where I lived). There is no pre-mixed product you can buy, but you just need peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. The fluff is usually in the baking section of the grocery store. I’m usually 100% whole wheat bread, but fluffernutters really are better on white or potato bread. You should most definitely buy the ingredients and try for yourself… but make sure you try one with Nutella, too, and compare!

I totally know what you mean about being hypnotized! I feel exactly the same about [name]Dora[/name] the [name]Explorer[/name]! Haha, I remember the first time I saw it, I literally could not turn it off or look away, even though I was hating it the whole time. I swear they use subtle hypnosis to make kids watch that show

Okay…thanks for the info. I just found a recipe for peanut butter marshmallow dip to go along with sliced apples, so I’m going to give that a try, too. I’ll let you know if it’s good, because [name]Dashiell[/name] may like it someday. (I’m always looking for recipes…) If you want the recipe for the crepes, let me know, and I’ll give it to you. (It’s really easy, and you don’t even have to flip the crepes.)

Oh, [name]Dora[/name] definitely hypnotizes, along with the Wiggles and Caillou.
:slight_smile:

Have a good day! :slight_smile:

You don’t have to flip them? [name]Count[/name] me in! I’d love the recipe. And peanut butter marshmallow dip sounds delish, I love all things peanut butter.

See this just proves that [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Girard[/name], [name]Humbert[/name] and [name]Rex[/name] are the best names ever because they got everyone to start talking about peanut butter, Nutella, and marshmallow. I think of the four names, [name]Girard[/name] just rocks! Hooray for [name]GIRARD[/name]! When I think of a little boy named [name]Girard[/name], I think of him eating a marshmallow!

Yep! [name]Flip[/name]-free crepes! I think I found the original recipe on RecipeZaar.com, but I’m not sure.

These crepes come out perfectly every time:

Ingredients:

1 cup flour
1 and 1/2 cups milk (I use skim)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (I use canola oil)
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Combine the flour, milk, eggs, and oil

2. [name]Add[/name] the salt

3. Lightly grease and heat a 6 inch skillet and remove it from the heat. (Note: I think the skillet I use may be slightly larger, and it still works just fine. Also, I re-grease the pan before I make each crepe.)

4. Put 2 Tablespoons of batter into the pan and tilt the pan so that the batter spreads out evenly. (I kind of swirl the pan around with my wrist…)

5. Put the pan back on the burner (I put it on low so it doesn’t burn), and brown the crepe on one side only. (You’ll see the edges start to get brown.)

6. [name]Flip[/name] the pan over on top of wax paper (or a cookie tray) and the crepe will fall right out.

7. Repeat until the batter is gone.

8. Fill with whatever you desire (Nutella, stawberries, peanut butter, bananas, jelly/jam, fruit and yogurt, etc.)

The crepes freeze really well (I put a piece of wax paper between them to prevent them from sticking) and can be microwaved.

I’ve tried a lot of crepe recipes, and this is my favorite. The crepes aren’t sweet, so if you’d like something sweeter, just add a few teaspoons of sugar.

When I made the strawberry and Nutella crepes, I spread a line of Nutella down the middle of the crepes and put sliced strawberries on top of the Nutella. I then rolled the sides up and sprayed whipped cream across the top.

These crepes are really easy to make, especially after practicing a few times. :slight_smile:

(The crepes turn out even better if you make them while listening to Dancing [name]Queen[/name]…) :slight_smile:

Have a good night!

I see red as a man who chews tabacco and drives a truck, sorry im just saying what comes first to my mind.

[name]Humbert[/name]= a british man

[name]Girard[/name]= a ladies man who is also loved by men ( friends wise).

[name]Dexter[/name]= My favorite cool nn [name]DEX[/name]! I see him as a little shy but very sweet like the guy who is friends with every girl in high school but girls dont date because they are chasing the bad boys. Then in his mid twenties he retains his sweetness and all the girls want to date him. I see him being a hard worker and loyal friend. I also sense a little undercover mama’s boyness .

I vote [name]Dex[/name]!

Oh man, those crepes sound fantastic! I will be making those, maybe tomorrow morning, or possibly [name]Tuesday[/name]! I [name]LOVE[/name] that they freeze well, I think I’ll make a big batch. We just got an extra freezer, gotta fill 'er up! I will let you know how they turn out!

[name]Do[/name] you have a recipe for perfect, fudgey chocolate frosting? I don’t know if you watch the show The Deep End, but a girl on it made the most perfect looking yellow cake with chocolate frosting and I want to recreate it for [name]Dash[/name]'s birthday party.