Dexter or Girard or Humbert or Red

LOL [name]Susan[/name]! I think you’re right, any group of names that can inspire crepe recipes MUST be great! But wait, is it [name]Red[/name] or [name]Rex[/name]? Because that would greatly influence my decision. Currently my vote is for [name]Dexter[/name]. [name]Dex[/name] is a snappy dresser. His favorite outfit is dark denim straight-leg jeans, a black-and-white gingham button-down with a solid colored bright yellow tie, and a vintage gray blazer. His hair is thick and dark, styled like [name]Will[/name].i.am, except he’s white. He has a very subtle tan, and bright blue eyes. Sometimes he wears these glasses …but only at the movies, while driving, and trying to see the board or watch TV. His style icon is the gorgeous [name]Zachary[/name] [name]Quinto[/name] [name]Dexter[/name] isn’t one of the kids in the popular clique, but he’s one of the coolest people around. Everyone who knows him loves him. He drinks good coffee and eats local. He loves [name]Star[/name] Wars and hates [name]Lord[/name] of the Rings. He likes to go to Monster [name]Jam[/name], and he loves to take pictures. He also likes theatre, he might be a costume designer when he grows up. Or maybe a paleontologist.

Sigh, I just reminded myself how much I love [name]Dexter[/name]… is it really too close to [name]Dash[/name]? and [name]Becker[/name]? Really? :frowning:

[name]Dexter[/name] for. He definitely has the potential to be cool at school and yet still smart. I’m not sure [name]Humbert[/name] has this versatile quality, he is head of the [name]Chess[/name] Club.

[name]Girard[/name] - personally i prefer [name]Gerard[/name], but still not up there for me. [name]Red[/name] is too different for me, but think he has the same quality as [name]Dexter[/name] xx

Oh, [name]Jill[/name], you’re preaching to the choir! Nutella was my absolute FAVOURITE when I was little

My favourite way to eat it is in a banana crepe - although straight outta the jar ain’t half bad either!

I just made the crepes! There were about 10 left over that I froze, too! They’re so good! Thanks so much for the recipe! We had peanut butter and banana, jelly and banana, cheese, and asparagus ones. I’m going to buy some Nutella, sounds like that’d be great. I think I’ll wait for strawberries to be in season, though. Anyway, very delicious! You’re the best!

[name]Humbert[/name]- this is from [name]Lolita[/name], all the way. [name]Humbert[/name] [name]Humbert[/name] is the name of the narrator/protagonist, a pedophile and criminal, albeit a charming one.

[name]Girard[/name]- sorry, but he is a total nerd. The guy who pines after the hot girls but they all like him as a friend, because he’s nice, but not cute or cool.

[name]Red[/name]- either a skateboarder or a cowboy.

[name]Dexter[/name]- he is sharp and savvy, intelligent but never in your face about it, cool as a cucumber. He will go far.

[name]Red[/name] was a teenage card-player in [name]Tennessee[/name] in the late '20s, early '30s. He’d rock back in his chair, hat pushed back on his head, sleeves rolled up. He was an honest card-player, for the most part, although occasionally, some rich fella would sit at his table and [name]Red[/name] seemed to always draw the right card at those times.

He didn’t have much schoolin’ but his common sense and winning personality gave his life a sort of ease that all the swells named [name]Girard[/name], [name]Dexter[/name], or [name]Humbert[/name] lacked. A natural athlete, he spent a few years in the '30s playing third base for the [name]St[/name]. [name]Louis[/name] Browns. He set the stolen base record one year. He just loved to catch the pitcher off-guard.

But when his country called, [name]Red[/name] quit baseball to join the [name]Army[/name] and serve in WW2… as a fighter pilot, of course. After the war, he returned to his hometown, grateful for the ability to live a life of peace after the horrors of war. He married, purchased a farm, and to this day he sits on his porch nightly regaling the grandchildren with amazing stories of his many adventures.

His friends and neighbors call him [name]Ol[/name]’ [name]Red[/name] and well past the age of 90, he still has that glint in his eye - the same look he would get when dealt two aces or when the pitcher would take his eye off [name]Ol[/name]’ [name]Red[/name] at first.

When he encounters someone of [name]Dexter[/name]'s studied coolness, [name]Humbert[/name]'s strangeness, or [name]Girard[/name]‘s pomposity, he smiles amicably. Life’s been easy for [name]Red[/name]; he can afford to be generous to those with names that try just a little too hard. They don’t give much thought to an uneducated farmer like [name]Ol[/name]’ [name]Red[/name]. But in that little [name]Tennessee[/name] town, they’ll always remember him.

Dizzy, what a great description of [name]Red[/name]!

C’mon, if I had put [name]Rex[/name] instead of [name]Red[/name] on the poll’s voting options, I would be normal. And you know I’m not normal! I can’t believe that I even put [name]Dexter[/name] on the poll. I’m going to have to make another poll with even more odd boys’ names!

Thanks :slight_smile: I never thought I’d have a chance to use the word “schoolin’”

Thanks :slight_smile: I never thought I’d have a chance to use the word “schoolin’”[/quote]

Dizzy, your [name]Red[/name] description was gorgeous!

Hey! You made the crepes?! Yea!!! I’m so glad you liked them! I tried about five other recipes, and that one was my favorite. I was so happy to see that you made asparagus crepes! One of my favorite things I made (dinner party) was crepes filled with cheese, spinach, mushrooms, and chicken.

If you ever want more recipes for anything, I love sharing! I have soup recipes, desserts, main dishes, snacks, etc. I’ve never seen the show you mentioned, but I love watching [name]Ace[/name] of Cakes!

Oh! My favorite chocolate icing recipe:

2 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
6 tablespoons unsweetend cocoa powder (I use Hershey’s)
6 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I actually don’t include this)

1. Sift together the sugar and cocoa and set aside
  2. In a large bowl, cream the butter until smooth, the beat in the sugar/cocoa mixture with the evaporated milk. Mix in vanilla.
  3. [name]Beat[/name] until desired consistency

(You can add more milk or sugar to fit your taste…)

I’ve tried a lot of recipes, but this is my favorite, and it turns out perfectly every time. I have it written on a recipe card, and I didn’t write down where I got the recipe, but I either found it on recipezaar or allrecipes.com. (If you don’t like the icing, I have another recipe, but it’s a lot richer…)

I can’t believe that [name]Dash[/name] is going to be one! ([name]Happy[/name] Birthday, [name]Dash[/name]!) :slight_smile:

Oh! I remember you said you’re dieting, so here’s a lower-calorie dessert you may like (it’s like a fake chocolate mousse):

1 package instant sugar free chocolate pudding (the 3.9 ounce box with four servings)
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 (16 oz) lite cool whip (the frozen tub)–thawed

1. In a large bowl, mix the pudding with the milk (follow the directions on the pudding package, but use only 1 and 1/2 cups of milk)
  2. Fold in the thawed cool whip
  3. Refrigerate it until cooled

You can use any flavor of pudding! It’s also really good with chocolate chips sprinkled on the the top, or even fresh raspberries. I found the recipe last year on allrecipes.com.

Take care! :slight_smile: