Dexter: sweet or bloody?

Has the name [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] been ruined by the show? I don’t want the first thing people think to be a serial killer…

I do not know the show. I think [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] is a handsome name and has a cool nickname, [name_m]Dex[/name_m], if you like nicknames.

I say no, because I love this name. But I will say that most people we’ve mentioned the name to always say “Like the serial killer?”. Lol. It doesn’t really bother me though.

I think the name is def tied to that show for a lot of people, but not ruined by it. I think if anything it’s made the name more popular because it’s a cool underused name!

[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] has actually been boosted by the show, and for good reason! It’s a cool name.

There is clearly a strong pop-culture association between [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] and serial killer however…
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] is super handsome and I actually think the darkness of the character adds a mysterious
and very adult sexiness to the name that any bearer will probably benefit from later in life.

There’s a connection to the show, but I also think of “Astronaut [name_m]Mike[/name_m] [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]” on 30 [name_m]Rock[/name_m]. I think [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] is an awesome name and I don’t think the series ruined it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] avoid the middle name [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I think [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] is still sweet. The show is pretty good too.