DH and I can NOT agree a name!!

I am so ready to name this baby. But we like totally different styles of names.

He likes:

[name]Andrew[/name] (his name)
[name]Cody[/name]
[name]Brian[/name]

No to all of those. Too common, basic etc! I like names such as:

[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Leon[/name]
[name]Maddox[/name]

Our last name is [name]Hall[/name]. Our DD’s name is [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Madison[/name]. And I really want a name that no one else (that I know personally has) Something different but not too weird you know? But with him liking names like that we are never going to agree :frowning:

As a compromise, perhaps use [name]Andrew[/name] as a middle name, and your husband can choose from a list of your favorites for the first name.

Oh I’ve tried that. I’ve seriously looked through tons of names and he still says no to all. I need a unique name he will like!

[name]Darien[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Seann[/name]

I personally think [name]Darien[/name] [name]Hall[/name] sounds amazing <3 Just a few suggestions :slight_smile: I hope this helps!

I like the idea of [name]Andrew[/name] in the middle for you.
Here are a few suggestions that maybe you’ll both like:

Instead of [name]Cody[/name]…[name]Toby[/name]? [name]Cole[/name]?
Instead of [name]Brian[/name]…[name]Brennan[/name]? [name]Byron[/name]? [name]Brendan[/name]?
Instead of [name]Asher[/name]…[name]Dashiell[/name]? (I actually love [name]Asher[/name] btw…it’s my favourite of all the names you mentioned! [name]Asher[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] could work nicely)
Instead of [name]Leon[/name]…[name]Liam[/name]? [name]Leo[/name]?
Instead of [name]Maddox[/name]…[name]Lennox[/name] (nn [name]Leo[/name])? [name]Mason[/name]? [name]Matthew[/name]? [name]Marcus[/name]?

Here are a few other ideas:
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]

Maybe you can find a name that he has a good association with, something he thinks is somewhat common (but it really isn’t bad). Last night I asked my husband about [name]Graham[/name]. He said he liked it! He explained to me that he knows two golfers with the first name of [name]Graham[/name] and a football player with the lastname.

I was like – “ok, whatever – at least you like a name I somewhat like! We are moving in the right direction!”

So I guess my suggestion is find names that relate to something your husband likes… if he likes football, look at football players’ names, if he likes a certian book series, look at the names in the series. —idk, just an idea. It seems to be working (somewhat) for my husband and I.

[name]Andrew[/name] : I am not really a fan of the whole [name]Junior[/name] thing but you could call him AJ, [name]Ander[/name],
[name]Cody[/name] : [name]Colton[/name], [name]Coby[/name], [name]Colby[/name], [name]Cade[/name]
[name]Brian[/name]: [name]Bryant[/name], [name]Braiden[/name], [name]Byron[/name]

I am also not really a fan of normal names either and love your picks!

[name]Asher[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this name!
[name]Leon[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name]!
[name]Maddox[/name]: I love this name but [name]Mason[/name] may be more DH style

Some other names
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Walker[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Zander[/name] or [name]Xander[/name]
[name]Jaden[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Landon[/name]
[name]Kaiden[/name]
[name]Jett[/name]
[name]Trace[/name]
[name]Clint[/name]
[name]Keegan[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Greyson[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]

I like [name]Silas[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Hall[/name] personally but that’s just my style ^u^
[name]Hope[/name] you guys work it out :slight_smile:

If he likes [name]Andrew[/name], maybe he would like [name]Anderson[/name]? I really like that as a fn, and with such a short ln, it works well. [name]How[/name] about [name]Salinger[/name] (nn [name]Sal[/name]?), [name]Holden[/name], [name]Canaan[/name], [name]Cannon[/name], [name]Ezra[/name]?

[name]Zachary[/name], [name]Jordan[/name], [name]Timothy[/name], [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Dylan[/name], [name]Christian[/name], [name]Austin[/name], [name]Dustin[/name], [name]Cameron[/name], [name]Garrett[/name], [name]Adrian[/name], [name]Logan[/name], [name]Dillon[/name], [name]Spencer[/name], [name]Wesley[/name], [name]Chase[/name], [name]Dakota[/name], [name]Devon[/name], [name]Dalton[/name], [name]Colin[/name], [name]Tanner[/name], [name]Colton[/name], [name]Brent[/name]

Since you tried having [name]Andrew[/name] as a middle name, why not have [name]Andrew[/name] as a first and a name on your list as a middle? Someone has to break. [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Leon[/name] sounds the ebst to me.

What about:

[name]Alfred[/name], [name]Alphonse[/name] (nn [name]Alfie[/name])
[name]Benjamin[/name] ([name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Michael[/name])
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Casper[/name]/[name]Caspar[/name]/ [name]Gaspar[/name]
[name]Caspian[/name]
[name]Cesare[/name]
[name]Dorian[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Forrest[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]/[name]Graeme[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]Jeffrey[/name]
[name]Llewellyn[/name]
[name]Lucien[/name]
[name]Raymond[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Sirius[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] (Theodorian= [name]Theodore[/name] + [name]Dorian[/name])
[name]Willoughby[/name] (nn. [name]Will[/name])

What about calling him Andrew Simon Hall? That way his initials will spell [name]Ash[/name] and you could call him that seeing as you like the name [name]Asher[/name].