DH hates middle name I chose

See the results of this poll: Middle name’s

Respondents: 18 (This poll is closed)

• Rio Maxwell: 14 (78%)
  • Rio Azul: 3 (17%)
  • Rio Lightning: 1 (6%)
  • other: 0 (0%)

[name]Rio[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] is out? [name]Say[/name] it isn’t so, [name]Meryl[/name]! Oh well… I voted for [name]Rio[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] because the other names just feel too “out there” for me with [name]Rio[/name].

I’m glad he still likes [name]Rio[/name]! :slight_smile:

Have a good night!

[name]Sebastian[/name] is not the least bit feminine. I think it is a strong, manly name. I think of the Spanish conquistadors, also handsome men with accents to die for, men who will absolutely wow a woman. [name]Sebastian[/name] is a name to die, for so gorgeous.

From your husband’s list I voted [name]Maxwell[/name] but [name]Sebastian[/name] is so much more gorgeous.

Alternatives

[name]Lucas[/name], [name]Rio[/name] [name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Louis[/name], [name]Rio[/name] [name]Louis[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name], [name]Rio[/name] [name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name], [name]Rio[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] zay vee er
[name]Mason[/name], [name]Rio[/name] [name]Mason[/name]

I second [name]Rollo[/name]'s description of [name]Sebastian[/name] ^^ (nice job, [name]Rollo[/name]!), and I also think [name]Maxwell[/name] is the best option of the new names!

Good luck!

I TOTALLY agree with all of you! I love [name]Sebastian[/name] the only reason I wouldn’t use it for a first is I’m not that hot about the nickname Sebi. I was totally crushed when DH make such a scene about [name]Sebastian[/name] being a horrible name. He also said similar things about my other latin favorites such as [name]Orlando[/name], [name]Esteban[/name], [name]Cortez[/name] and [name]Joaquin[/name]. He just dislikes Latin names it seems to me. [name]Maxwell[/name] is probably the best out of the lot but it does not have the wow factor [name]SEBASTIAN[/name] has. Any other suggestions for middle names? DH is not set on his list he will still take suggestions. Thank you so much for your input.

[name]Rollo[/name], I really like [name]Rio[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] and suggested it awhile back to DH and he said no.

I’m sure these have been suggested already, but:

[name]Rio[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Blaise[/name] (this should sound manly to him…)
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Elias[/name] (I pronounce it “Uh-lias,” but this may be wrong) :slight_smile:
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Lazarus[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Mathias[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] (Maybe he’s changed his mind. :slight_smile: He likes nature names, so tell him that [name]Sebastian[/name] was either a tropical storm or hurricane in 2007, which is true.) :slight_smile:
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Zebulon[/name] (related to [name]Pike[/name]'s [name]Peak[/name])

Good luck! :slight_smile:

the nickname for [name]Sebastian[/name] could be Tian the same sound as [name]Ryan[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] your DH changes his mind to [name]Sebastian[/name].

:frowning: [name]Rio[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] is so great :frowning: Well at least he likes [name]Rio[/name], [name]Rio[/name] is amazing!

[name]Rio[/name] [name]Hayes[/name] I thinks works.

What about

[name]Rio[/name] [name]Andreas[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Dexter[/name] or [name]Daxter[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Evander[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] - of course this sounds more feminine to me than [name]Sebastian[/name], which is ALL boy to me.
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Harden[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Isaias[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Michaiah[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] - I like this one a lot, I have a feeling it was suggested from before.
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Sergeant[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Sanderson[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Vincent[/name]

PS to be very honest I was quite jealous of the combo [name]Rio[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]. I really think it’s perfect and I hope your DH changes his mind.

[name]Rollo[/name],
I have never heard Tian as a nn for [name]Sebastian[/name] I love it!!

Disa_ian,
I like the combos of [name]Rio[/name] gabriel and [name]Rio[/name] montgomery. Agreed that [name]Gabriel[/name] is way more fem than sebastian but DH might go for it as his much loved younger brother is named [name]Gabriel[/name].

I am still pushing for [name]Rio[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]. My feeling is that if he loves the first name, which he does, then he can compromise a little on the middle name. [name]Just[/name] in case I want a few back up middles. Thank you namers for your input.

I haven’t either but why not Tian, it is as good if not better than all the other nn’s?

[name]Hope[/name] he relents and you have a [name]Rio[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]

Some more ideas
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Pierson[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Stirling[/name]

rollo, I like stirling!

Other options I thought of:

[name]Rio[/name] Hennessey (DH suggested this one)
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Cerulean[/name] (since DH liked azul)
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Tennyson[/name] (DH likes tennessee)

what do u think??

My choice would be [name]Tennyson[/name], it is handsome.

PS I am happy that you liked [name]Stirling[/name], thanks.

Some information about the most famous [name]Tennyson[/name]

[name]Alfred[/name] [name]Tennyson[/name], 1st [name]Baron[/name] [name]Tennyson[/name], FRS (6 [name]August[/name] 1809 ” 6 [name]October[/name] 1892), much better known as “[name]Alfred[/name], [name]Lord[/name] [name]Tennyson[/name],” was [name]Poet[/name] Laureate of the United Kingdom during much of [name]Queen[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]'s reign and remains one of the most popular poets in the English language.

He is the second most frequently quoted writer in The [name]Oxford[/name] Dictionary of Quotations after [name]Shakespeare[/name].

Famous phrases he coined,

“'Tis better to have loved and lost / Than never to have loved at all”,
"Theirs not to reason why, / Theirs but to do and die