DH Vetoed It, but I Love It Anyways

[name_m]Laszlo[/name_m], I think it’s so darn cute.

DH said ‘it’s too out there for me’ :frowning:

But I still love it!!

Adopt a dog or cat and name him [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m]?

I’m going to have to.

This is the name my mother suggested we use to honor DH’s Hungarian family. It’s very sweet. We decided that it may sound a bit too foreign with our Hungarian last name. We are going to use DH’s grandpa’s name instead which is a great middle ground. Anyway, I think [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] is a great name, but both partners have to be on board.

I love it. It was very high on our list with Boy #5, we wanted an -o ending. We ended up naming him [name_m]Oslo[/name_m], but [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] was a close 2nd. Keep mentioning it, it may grow on your DH.

Honestly, I’m not a fan. It would be strange with your other classic names.

I agree, it’s not a fit with [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m], at all. He said he’d love to use it on a family pet someday, so that works for me :slight_smile:

I also love [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] but my husband found some list of Nazi criminals and one ha this name so he refuses to use it. I love the name [name_m]Oslo[/name_m] as well I named my cat [name_m]Oslo[/name_m] now I wish I would have saved it!

After my mom spent 36 hours in labor and said I didn’t look like a [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] after all, my dad said fervently, “Name her anything you like!” Not that I’m wishing a long labor on you, but [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] is a pretty great name!