DH's Dream Name: A Hypothetical Situation.

Last night when DH awoke from a nap he was unusually excited. He had had a sweet dream

In this dream we had a daughter and she was ‘perfect’ in every way. She had my light eyes and his dark, curly hair. She had a sweet personality and a big voice. But, most importantly, she was daddy’s little girl.

He has apparently latched on to this dream and is now insistant that he knows we’ll have a daugher and teased that he even knows her name.

I ignored him for a bit, but then curiosity got the best of me. I had to ask. It would save me the “trouble” of looking at other names after all. I assumed it would be something more common or in line with the names we had discussed. [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Rosa[/name], his favorites, sprang to mind.

I was way off.

Her name was [name]Forest[/name]. I even went so far as to specifically ask if he was sure and we didn’t just have an especially feminine son. He didn’t find this amusing.

So, now DH has taken to tapping my stomach on passing and telling [name]Estie[/name] to hurry up.

Which has me thinking… If we do have a daughter in the future, I might just be stuck with [name]Forest[/name].

I’ve been mulling over [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Forest[/name] or [name]Anna[/name] [name]Forest[/name] as alternatives to [name]Forest[/name] as a first. What do you think? Any suggestions?

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Forest[/name] is incredibly spunky and cool. I love it!

[name]Forest[/name] is a fantastic middle name. But I would not use it as a first for a girl. Would pair it with something short and spunky but a little vintage for a first name. [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Forest[/name] is fab.

[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Forest[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Forest[/name]
[name]Evie[/name] [name]Forest[/name]
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Forest[/name]

Or if you want to be influenced by this dream without actually using [name]Forest[/name], what about something like [name]Sylvia[/name]?

I like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Forest[/name]!

There’s also [name]Arden[/name], the forest from As You Like It.

[name]Ada[/name] [name]Forest[/name] is lovely.

I would go the influence route if I were the only one making the decision. However, I have another half that is refusing it. :slight_smile:

Ooh! I like the sound of [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Forest[/name]!!! If I were you I would put [name]Forest[/name] in the middle name spot…

It’s definitely not going in the first spot. I refuse!

I love [name]Forest[/name] in the middle! [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Forest[/name] is gorgeous!

I have heard of other parents having dreams where their child “revealed” his or her name to the parents. I think it makes for a pretty awesome name story! But yes, if he would agree, I would put [name]Forest[/name] in the middle spot. :slight_smile:

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Forest[/name] is very cute!

Oh I think [name]Forest[/name] is a darling idea for a mn. I also love that your husband feels that it’s so right, and nn [name]Estie[/name] really sold me on the name.
I’d probably look for fn options that you like that start with E - just like your pick [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Forest[/name].

I also like these for nn [name]Estie[/name].
(H)[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Elora[/name]/[name]Eliora[/name]
Elysian

Honestly, I think [name]Forest[/name] for a little girl is funky and refreshing! I love it! [name]Love[/name] the story you could tell her. Her Daddy knew her name right from the beginning. I had a dream, before I knew I was pregnant, that I had a new little boy with blonde hair and deep grey eyes. My dream came true!

[name]Forest[/name] is a splendid middle.
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Forest[/name] rocks it.

What a sweet story to pass on to a future daughter. :slight_smile: I’m partial to [name]Forest[/name] on a girl, because I’m descended from a woman who sounds pretty neat from the family stories passed down. Her name was [name]Ida[/name] [name]Forest[/name], and apparently that’s what she was called, rather than just [name]Ida[/name]. I agree that fun and spunky firsts with [name]Forest[/name] in the middle sounds wonderful, but I also think it works as a first, paired with a decidedly feminine middle. [name]Estie[/name]. It’s cute.

This is such a cute story! [name]Forest[/name] would make a lovely middle name. [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Forest[/name] is spectacular!

I was surprised by the positive response! DH’s response on the other hand was, “See. I told you it was the name.”

Thank you, everyone. Maybe I’ll have a little [name]Forest[/name] (most likely in the middle) after all.

Yup, I totally agree it’s fun, spunky, and refreshing, [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Forest[/name]. Oh and I have a similar story. I had a dream a few years before I was even pg with my first. It was just an image of my husband walking down the street with a little boy on his shoulders, wearing a red baseball cap. His name was [name]Wyatt[/name]. That was it. I told hubby when I woke up and that decided it–if we had a boy, that was his name (and of course we did, and it was). :slight_smile:

Such a beautiful story and [name]Forest[/name] will be a lovely mn for a little girl! My son’s name came to me in a dream, too!

I have been a frequent reader but had to join Nameberry just to reply to this. :slight_smile: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Forest[/name]. I dreamed that my daughter was born and looked like a miniature version of my husband, dark hair and huge blue eyes. Her name had to be [name]Pearl[/name], and it is. My DH did not love it but does now.

I think as a middle name, [name]Forest[/name] works just fine.
I’m just hesitant about name dreams where the child from the dream was kind of like this big ideal.

I do really like both [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Forest[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] [name]Forest[/name], they’re sweet and [name]Forest[/name] is a pretty cool nature name in the middle.
Years ago there was a show on MTV where they’d dress people up like celebrities and have them recreate a music video and there was a girl on the episode for Lady Marmelade name [name]Forrest[/name]… I remember when that episode aired, there were a lot of posts about For®est on a girl.
And for what it’s worth, I can definitely see a girl named [name]Forest[/name] with the looks your husband described :slight_smile: